Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
samdonly1
My Device: -
My Carrier: aircel

testing a game on dev alpha simulator which uses accelerometer.

I am developung a game which uses accelerometer, I test the game on Dev alpha simulator which provides a controller for giving responses but there is too much time lag due to which i could test the game properly. Is there any fix or update for the simulator which will help in properly testing the game.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: testing a game on dev alpha simulator which uses accelerometer.

I'm not aware of any pending updates to the simulators related to the accelerometer control.

Are you trying to test basic functionality of your app, or are you past that and need to do performance testing?

If basic functionality, there is also the ripple mobile emulator, which has an "Accelerometer" panel on the right side of the page.  I expect this might be faster to use than the simulator.

If performance testing, the only way to be completely satisfied is using a real device.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
samdonly1
My Device: -
My Carrier: aircel

Well, it in the performance testing phase, I have developed it in phone gap and i think i will have to skip BB10 for releasing it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

As a long-time user of the Dev Alpha series (and now have other devices) I can tell you without question that the response time of the accelermeter is superb

I wrote a handler that is easy to adapt about 8 monts ago

Hope this helps

This was written for a defunct project for a friend who now draws piccies for the PS4 (his dream job - I'm extremely happy for him)

The code should be fairly easy to understand but as its written for ImpactJS needs a little (not much) messing with

If you need a hand simply PM me - gimme some source - it should take half a day for development and testing (Playbook, Z10 and Q10)

I do this once in a while but make such offers seldom (requests won't be answered) one a year is about my limit as I make nothing from the deal

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.