Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

testing and simulators

My Widget is now nearly complete, but so far I tested it only on the 9500 Simulator.

On the 9700 Simulator it doesnt start due to "JVM Error" and "Module has verification Error 190 atoffset...."

On 8530 Simulator:

--An unsupported API was called: RadioGetGprsStateAPI and
--An unsupported API was called: RadioGetCurrentHomeZoneTag

The Widgets runs afterwards, but moving the pointer is a pain in the.... and scrolling doesnt work at all.

Can you give me any hints, how I can improve the usage of the simulator and on which simulators I should do tests?

Btw. it would be great to have a solution to test widgets directly in a browser (so to make it possible to use Firebug). Althoug this might not produce the same bevaviour as on the device it would make bugfixing much more comfortable. (Nokia provides such an environement for it's Widget engine).

Thanks@all

Alex

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: testing and simulators

Hi Alex,

I will follow up with the Simulator team to see if they have released an updated version of the 9700 simulator that should get rid of those error messages that you are seeing.

We also have a follow up release of the Widget SDK due out very soon in the new year that will allow you to create a "focus based" navigation for your widget to make it react much more like a Java application such as our inbox, AppWorld or any other Java application you can think of. 

You can continue to use the "pointer" as your navigation mode if you wish, but the new navigation mode that you will be able to turn on may provide a better user experience.  We demonstrated this navigation mode at the BlackBerry Developer conference and the release is just around the corner.

Also, follow up releases of the tooling are on the way where you have Firebug like features in both Visual Studio and Eclipse to debug your widget with full breakpoints, watches etc.  This functionality will be released after the navigation capability.

For the short term I will follow up on the simulator issue.  I wanted to let you know of the enhancements coming in the very near term as well that should address some of your challenges.

Cheers,

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter