Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
mohanraj_k
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: -developer

unable to access web service present in local machine IIS7 connected to a corporate network

Hi,

I am new to BB development. I created a Blackberry Browser / Widget application, which will consume web service and display it in the blackberry browser. in Visual studio 2008.

i installed the web application in my local IIS7 in win 7 (which has the web service, anonymous enabled.)

i am able to browse(yahoo,google,bb home. and also the other intranet site. ) the internet in the black berry browser.(  since my machine is attached in the work network. i configured the rim.public property of mds in for proxy enabled, proxyhost and proxy port. ).(browser is not hot spot.)

but when i tried to the local IIS7 in the machine getting error as   SQUID error

unable to determine ip address for the host error.

the sample sitename is http://bbmobile.com/bbtest/samplseservice.asmx,

i given/tried the bindings for the site with all unassigned ip/ assigned ip with port 80

configured hosts files( in the windows\system32\drivers\etc ) the domain name above mentioned. still not getting.

how to configure the same in the blackberry?

in the internet options of IE i used autodetect proxy, and also configured, use the proxy server for your lan option and bypassed for the domains for local address. and also configured the java properties for the same.

turned low for UAC and turned of firewall.

what are the settings i need to do to access the web service in simulator.

do i need to go more in deep. could you provide forum links for

APN settings, service book entries, host routing tables

thanks and regards

K.Mohan Raj

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mohanraj_k
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: -developer

Re: unable to access web service present in local machine IIS7 connected to a corporate network

can i get any reply ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ealcant
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Re: unable to access web service present in local machine IIS7 connected to a corporate network

Did you add the hostname (bbmobile.com) to the config.xml file?
Have you tried pointing to the IP instead of the hostname (bbmobile.com)?

Please use plain text.