Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

unrecognized tag prefix or device filter BlackBerry message in VS 2008 and VS 2005

Blackberry:MasterPageFile="~/Valid Path" unrecognized tag prefix or device filter BlackBerry message in VS 2008 and VS 2005 after installing black berry plugin and also manually registering registering the browser definition file located in the asp.net 2.0xxx folder.

I installed the plugin for visual studio and tried to modify the TimeTracker appication per the video tutorials but cannot add the prefix: BlackBerry:somevalidattribute="" to modify the behavior specific to blackberry browser. Do I have to register or add any reference to be able to use the BlackBerry tag prefix, for example using the web.config or the <@register> directive in the asp.net page?

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: unrecognized tag prefix or device filter BlackBerry message in VS 2008 and VS 2005

I resolved the issue. I had to install IIS for the BlackBerry filter to work in  Visual Studio 2005 (even though VS runs the ASP.net development server) and execute "C:\\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regbrowsers.exe -i"