Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
marcderosa
My Device: developer

webworks BB10 C++ extensions

[ Edited ]

I'm doing some testing right now with the BB's TEMPLATE, c++ extension example in a Webworks application.

I can package and deployment with the extension to the alpha simulator. And the client side code gets as far as making requests. For example calling the getMemory() function in the example, will lead to the creation of an XHR object, and an actual post request being made to

http://localhost:8472/bb.BpPlugin/getMemoryServer

with the content

{}

But immediately after that request is made (in the code after request.send() is called) my entire Webworks application crashes -- with no error message -- anything.

It's a bit strange all in all. It seems unlikely that the server side has anything to do with the crash -- being presumably a separate process. I was thinking that there might be a configuration option that is missing in the client side. As far as I can guess from the documenation, there is a feature has to be added for the extension

<feature id="bb.BpPlugin" />

(Note: here and above I have changed the namespace of the Memory object from it's original "example.memory")

But I'm thinking there must be something else? Something else besides, get the TEMPLATE code, compile and package, add <feature> tag to config.xml.....Is there? Anyone have any experience with the C++ extensions that has seen this sort of issue?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcderosa
My Device: developer

Re: webworks BB10 C++ extensions

[ Edited ]

After throwing a little more time into this. All I can say is that the extension examples from BB dont seems to run in the alpha simulator given the instructions provided on developer.blackberry.com. Some notes:

* the problem doesnt seem to lie with the alpha simulator as I can run c++ extension provided with the framework, like ui.dialog

* the problem is not namespace related as I have tried changing the namespace from example.memory to blackberry.memory and also adding an <access uri="http://localhost:8472/blackberry.memory" subdomains="true"></access> element to the configuration. Neither seems to change has any effect.

Since the example code is not changed, it compiles and it runs fine as far as it gets, I have no reason to suspect the code. Im still leaning towards some the possibility of some (mystery) configuration that needs to be set???? Any ideas?

Please use plain text.