Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
srk2012
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

when Iam trying to install a BB 10 weba pp to a BB 10 device Iam seeing the following error "result::failure 881 required signatures missing (RDK, AUTHOR)"

[ Edited ]

Iam using the command line method like

blackberry-deploy -installApp -password <device password>
    -device <device IP address> -package <.bar file path>

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.4.11\dependen

cies\tools\bin>blackberry-deploy -installApp -password works  -device 169.254.0.
1 -package C:\BB10AppsOutput\device\ChannelVideos.bar
Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 321507
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 321507 bytes
actual_dname::
actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 881 required signatures missing (RDK, AUTHOR)

Developer
denniskis
My Device: BB10

Re: when Iam trying to install a BB 10 weba pp to a BB 10 device Iam seeing the following error "result::failure 881 required signatures missing (RDK, AUTHOR)"

I had the same issue when trying to install the bar built not in a debug mode. Otherwise first build the app, sign it and then install.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: when Iam trying to install a BB 10 weba pp to a BB 10 device Iam seeing the following error "result::failure 881 required signatures missing (RDK, AUTHOR)"

How are you building the BAR file?

If you open the BAR file with WinRAR (or similar program), you can check the META-INF folder to see whether all of the necessary signing files are present (they get created when the app is signed/packaged.) This KB is for PlayBook, but the same files apply:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/How-to-verify-your-BAR-file-is-fully-s...

Generally, WebWorks will sign with both the BlackBerry and Author certificates simultaneously.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.