Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
mushu
My Device: Not Specified

why does my 7520 web browser show CSS code?

[ Edited ]

I have written my web pages to be fully W3C compliant (XHTML) with valid CSS -- both pass testing using the W3C testers, among others. However, my Blackberry 7520 internet browser shows the CSS code in its browser instead of "consuming" it and rendering the web page properly. If I scroll all the way down I finally get to see my web page and it appears to work properly. I'd like to know for sure why this happens. Sometimes I see this on other websites' pages and it seems to be very random.

Is there a filesize limit to the web browser as applied to the external site CSS file? Or perhaps the browser is not compatible with dotNet 2.0 master pages? Please no guesses unless they are "educated"  :smileyhappy: I really need to find out why it won't work properly. Here is a TEST page that will have no guarantee of staying alive much past the next few days:

http://www-test.agr.wa.gov/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message Edited by mushu on 01-29-2009 03:31 PM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: why does my 7520 web browser show CSS code?

I don't know.
but the website is okay with a more recent OS (4.2 on a Curve 8310) and without javascript.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: why does my 7520 web browser show CSS code?

I recommend you verify that the CSS you are using is supported in the version of BlackBerry Browser you are using.  You can find the version by going to Options, About on the BlackBerry handheld.  The following document lists supported CSS elements and the version they are supported in.

CSS for the BlackBerry Browser - Reference Guide

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/docs/subcategories/?userType=21&category=BlackBerry+Browser

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.