Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900

window.webkitNotifications.createNotification Questions

Two questions regarding: window.webkitNotifications.createNotification

1) Is it possible to make the icon a image inside the bar file?

2) It seems like webworks notifications needs to be enabled for this to run. Is is possible to invoke this in the config.xml?

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: window.webkitNotifications.createNotification Questions

Hi

1.) Like explained in the other forum post by Adam here you should be able to use your own image and I asume it should be possible to add them directly to the .bar file. The KitchenSink examples contains both, local and remote image, but I couldn't get it working with images at all on PB or BB10 yet.

2.) I think you do not need to add something in the config.xml, but every time the app request for the permission to show a notification it will open a custom dialog to the user. The problem I see is that this is very annoying every time your app start and the will be asked to allow notifications from it. For me this should be part of the config.xml as well to allow/deny at installation time and not later on every time. Think we should pull a request for it to PB + BB10 Framework repos to add it to the access or feature elements?!?!

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.