Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

x-blackberry-focusable seems to be ignored

Greetings,

I'm working on an HTML5 app with webworks on a BlackBerry PlayBook.  I have a bunch of a href tags through out the site, some added at design time, and some generated dynamically.  When I load the app onto my device, I am getting into these strange situations where images wrapped in a href tags seem to get into a 'highlighted' state.  I'm seeing the same behavior for html buttons.  I also get into situations where things that should take a single tap seem to require two taps.  My assumption is this is caused by href / iframe / button elements getting focus:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/apis/blackberry.focus.html

I programatically add x-blackberry-focusable="false" to all of my a href tags, buttons, and iframes, but I still get that that blue highlight, and it still seems to take two taps to get anything to work.  This app works great with PhoneGap on the iPad, and works great in the browser.  I am starting to think I'm on the wrong track since I do not have focusable configured in config.xml.

Any thoughts?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: x-blackberry-focusable seems to be ignored

Hi there,

Any chance you could provide a small, sample config.xml and index.html that show the behaviour you're describing?

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.