Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Adding Contacts on Computer

Is there a way to created new contacts on the computer and then transfer them into the Blzackberry. I just purchased a new 9630 but am unable to transfer my  contacts from my old cell phone to the blackberry (I do not have access to a Verizon store where I can pay $10 and have them transfer for me). I have a LOT of contacts to transfer and it will take forever to create them on the 9630. I do use Outlook Express and have loaded the desktop software 5.0.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Adding Contacts on Computer

Get a free trial of outlook and you can sync it to your smartphone

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/default.aspx

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Black Berry Tour 9630

UUMM ok Im a Noob, my Palm Treo has died and my family in comforting me in my grief pitched in and purchased a BB Tour for me.  The sales person assured them this is the closest thing to the Palm, I am completely lost! How do i Sync Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks with the Tour?  Where/how did you find the instructions?! the user guide is useless! this is the first link comment re: outlook contacts and ive been searching for hours!  HELP im ready to smash this Tour into tourdust!  Thanks!
Laugh Often, Love much, Live Well!
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:

A few places for you to visit:   Blackberry 101   Tips & Tricks   The Tour Forum

Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

knottyrope wrote:

Get a free trial of outlook and you can sync it to your smartphone

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/default.aspx

Excellent post knottyrope.  :smileyhappy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi Alaskaman,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

knottyrope,

Thanks for the link; however, I  am running on Outlook 2003. Are you saying I can go into the Address Book in Outlook and create all the  contacts I had on my old phone and then there is a way in the Backberry desktop software to transfer all those contact into the Blackberry?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Alaskaman wrote:

knottyrope,

Thanks for the link; however, I  am running on Outlook 2003. Are you saying I can go into the Address Book in Outlook and create all the  contacts I had on my old phone and then there is a way in the Backberry desktop software to transfer all those contact into the Blackberry?

That is correct. And when done you can bi directional sync new entries too.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V