Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

New Contributor
naturewood
My Carrier: AT&T

An introduction and a question

Hello, I want to start off by saying that my husband and I have been longstanding Blackberry users. He has had the Bold, Torch and now his is using a Curve. I have a Torch that I love to use as well. I am a fan, plain and simple. I just wanted to write and share about my experiences I have been having when entering into AT&T’s stores and find out if there are any others that run into the same trouble.  I have had  two similar experiences when entering AT&T stores. I live in Minnesota and these experiences are from the Wilmar, MN store (6 months ago) and the St. Cloud, MN store (last week). When I have gone in to look around and see what phone I might upgrade to when my contract is up, I am personally interested in staying with Blackberry. One of the main reasons now is because Blackberry is one of the few companies that still provide a full Qwerty keyboard on a smart phone. Thank you for Blackberry for that by the way. What has happened in my experience 6 months ago and again last week is that when I go into an AT&T store, the salesmen complain exclusively about how awful Blackberry phones are and that you are going out of business and I shouldn’t even consider getting into a phone that won’t have support. They also can’t stop trying to convince me that every single user prefers touch screen only phones. How untrue is that. I am a big fan of a full real keyboard. Clearly not “everyone” wants touch only. I am also very appreciative of how the operating system works with the Blackberry. I love having the Torch where I have had the best of both worlds. In any case, if I have gone into two separate AT&T stores and gotten the same spiel, nearly word for word from both of them, it is no wonder that Blackberry may have fewer customers and in fact may be increasing the financial stress on the company. I am not pleased in the least with the AT&T staff and find it incredibly frustrating to have the salesman be so against what my actual needs are as a consumer and being so certain to speak against  the Blackberry, a company that I appreciate and respect. Not sure that this is has happened to anyone else, but I just needed to know if I was the only one having these expieriences.

Thanks,

April 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: An introduction and a question

April, it's the same here with both ATT & VZW retail stores. Not only are the silly sales people biased they are also uneducated.
Ask for a manager and let them know just what you've stated here.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
naturewood
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for your suggestion. I had actually felt pretty frustrated with it last week and did indeed give the manager a call at the last store I was in. The manager appreciated my suggestion and said that his staff is there to hear what the customer's needs are and they supposed to help them accordingly. I agree, they are very biased and uneducated. He did say that he would talk with the staff that was working that night and redirect them with the truth. I doubt it will change their minds though. The young men in there I am sure will stay just as biased as before. I would have to say that their behavior did indeed help me hold on to my resolve to hold out for what I hope will be a new Blackberry phone. Although if it proves to be a touch only I won't be replacing my Torch with that one and will be moving over to the Bold. Which is fine, I just don't feel like going without the full qwerty keyboard is something that I want to do. Thanks for listening!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
My Carrier: Verizon

The 9900 Bold is a top device.
Some great things coming ina few months with BB10 also.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.