Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

Contributor
Chynare
My Device: Not Specified

Hello! Serious Blackberry Newbie Here...

Hi!

I am hoping to get a lot of help from this forum. I recently upgraded my plain old cell phone to a Blackberry and haven't got a hot clue how to use it properly other than to make calls, add people to my address book and do a basic text. Oh, and I can also play the brick game! lol

My provider has been a bit of a pain, expecting me to understand the jargon...which I don't. They told me to download Pocket Express to my PC and sync to my Blackberry. But. I have no clue how to sync..and of course they didn't tell me.

I have nothing to tell me the basics. So for starters I am going to be asking anyone to direct me to the simplest 'how to' instructions. I didn't even have a clue what the icons were or the buttons on the side of the phone. I'm just learning by 'playing'.

So, if anyone can start me off, I'd appreciate it. I did a search on syncing to PC and while I found a lot of threads about various apps, there is nothing that tells me about the simple operation of syncing.

Like I said, any direction at this point would be very much appreciated.

Chynare

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Chynare
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Hello! Serious Blackberry Newbie Here...

Oh, and I want to say that I am not asking for help here, so please don't move my post. I am just warning everyone that I'm going to be asking a lot of questions! lol
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Hi and welcome to the forums chynare!

Enjoy your stay with us.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
JSanders
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Welcome... bring on the questions!

We'll answer those we know, and ignore or lie about those we don't! :smileyhappy:

Of course, we'll let you know the difference.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
KeithB1951
My Device: Tour 9630

Hi and welcome. You will need to install the Blackberry desktop manager which is on the CD that came with the phone. This will help you sync information from the phone to the PC and back to the phone. Which model do you have? There are specific forums for each model and you can find a lot of hints and tips there. The Blackberry is essentially a mini-computer in the way you navigate and access drop-down menus. You can hit the menu key anywhere and use the escape key and the end key anywhere also. Here is a site to start with

Blackberry 101

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberry101/
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

[ Edited ]

Chynare - your post cracked me up!!

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums!!

We are ready -- can't wait to hear your questions and by the way, did you read the small fine print warning sign about your phone??   It is addictive!!

Message Edited by cathlabnurse on 09-04-2009 07:01 PM

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi Chynare,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forumsChynare! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit:  Blackberry 101  Tips & Tricks

Then find the forum for your BB device model: Smartphone Forums  And start a thread with the question(s) you have. At this point, I defer to JSander's post.....

Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.