Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

pookerpies
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: verizon

Hi, Not sure where or how to post

I have a question. Why do I have 2 icons to receive messages on my device. Is it necessary and can I delete the one not associated with my email address?

Thanks for any help out there.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hi, Not sure where or how to post

On the MAIN page of this forum, where you found this Welcome and Introductions section of the forum, if you scroll down the page a bit, you will see sections for various models of BlackBerry devices... It is helpful if you do post in the correct section, at least then those who want to help you will have some less than vague clue as to your device.

Likewise, knowing your carrier name, and operating system on your BlackBerry will help too.
Look at Options > About, third line down beginning with a "v.4.xxx"
What is yours?

You can't delete either icon. You can hide one. I would not hide the main messages icon as some point in the future you will get a notification from AppWorld or a PIN message and it will be in your main messages folder, and you'll be back here asking how to get it.

Anways.... hide your email specific folder. Hover to it. Press the Menu key > hide. Now press the Menu key again > and click on Show All so that Show All is not checked.

When we know your device and OS version, there could another option for you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101     Tips & Tricks

Give us the information JSanders is requesting and we can better get you to where  you need to be. 

In the meantime, find the forum for your specific device:   BB Smartphones

Let us know how your are doing and if you have any questions/issues; search in the forum (search box at top right of page) Can't find what you're looking for? Start your own thread. Other users will be there to help.

Just be sure to keep coming back. Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hello and welcome to BlackBerry support community forums.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.