Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How Formal Support Works

Thanks for the info. 

What about complaints about the operating system?  That's not the carrier's or the reseller's problem, it's Blackberry's problem.  I'm specifically refering to the rather large shortcoming to do with custom profiles.  A fairly basic function that was available on all of my previous BB models, but somehow wasn't deemed important enough to make it onto the BB10. 

I would like to hear someone at BB acknowledge that this is not right and will be fixed by some date.  Any chance of that happening?

Sorry, this was a bit of a rant.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

wilburb wrote:

Thanks for the info. 

What about complaints about the operating system?  That's not the carrier's or the reseller's problem, it's Blackberry's problem.  I'm specifically refering to the rather large shortcoming to do with custom profiles.  A fairly basic function that was available on all of my previous BB models, but somehow wasn't deemed important enough to make it onto the BB10. 

I would like to hear someone at BB acknowledge that this is not right and will be fixed by some date.  Any chance of that happening?

Sorry, this was a bit of a rant.

When you re-read how Formal Support works, you will discover that the answer to your question won't be posted here on this site, nor will posting your question here on this site serve to get your question addressed by BB. That's all quite simply outside the charter of this site.

No one here can even say if what you report is actually something "broken" that needs to "be fixed"...it's completely possible that how it is functioning is exactly as they designed it. BB10 was not designed as an evolution from legacy BBOS...BB10 is a completely new OS, designed from the ground up. What existed before may or may not have been intended to exist now. But, again, since this is a user-to-user community and not a formal BB support site, there is no way to obtain an authoritative answer to your question here.

Formal support channels are what they are...just because the problem, as you perceive it, is BBs does not eliminate the formal support channel. Your carrier and/or reseller and/or other formal support entity are responsible to provide you with all front line support, with escalation as required depending on the situation. I cannot say if what you report is something they would or would not be willing to escalate for you...only they can answer regarding what they will or will not do.

But, I can say (with 99.99999% certainty) that your question cannot be answered in this venue.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat

I moved from the 9900 to Q10 tin the hope that I will finally get a "functional" smart phone. I only stuck with BlackBerry as it is still the policy. I now know that the support is one of the worst service I've experienced in any high tech. A far cry from the amazing service I get for my ipad and mty wife for her iPhone. Oh and Tthe ttttypos with all the additional "t", Tthe keyboard on my (r months old phone is already defecttive!!!!!!!!!!!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10, Blackberry Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: Vodafone U.K.

Hi,

I bought a new Playbook last month.  Had my foirst few teething problems and logged on to input my serial number for my 90 days of support.  The web page told me my unit was not eligable for such a thing!

In the end I sent the Playbook back because of the glaring omissions in the OS, e.g. won't do IMAP E.Mail, A Blackberry that doesn't do E.Mail well??  UNacceptable.

I have since purchased a second hand unit from the Bay because it's a damned nice unit just too flawed to pay full price for.

James K. Pirie
Highland Blackberry User
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 2049634599

i already know whats worng with my phone i need to send it back to blackberry to get it fixed what do i do please its been months and i still havent gotten help

Hall of Famer II

ririr wrote:

i already know whats worng with my phone i need to send it back to blackberry to get it fixed what do i do please its been months and i still havent gotten help

Everything you need is already discussed. YOU do not send it back to BB -- unless you bought it directly from BB, in which case you would already have support and warranty information, delivered to you as part of your original purchase. Normally though, YOU would send it via whoever you bought it from, assuming you have warranty. If you have no warranty, then your choices are different...you either seek a local (to you) shop who has qualified technicians and is willing to help, or you use the Incident Support method to request help directly from BB.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

You have discussed device and carrier issues, but...

What if the problem has to do with Blackberry desktop software?

What if the problem has to do with Blackberry device software (e.g. OS 7.1)?

Most of my issues have been with the syncronization of my 9900 with Outlook 2010; these don't strike me as device or carrier issues. Please clarify where I should go for help on these issues.

Thanks

OS 7.1 bundle 2108
Hall of Famer II

not_fully_gruntled wrote:

You have discussed device and carrier issues, but...

What if the problem has to do with Blackberry desktop software?

What if the problem has to do with Blackberry device software (e.g. OS 7.1)?

Most of my issues have been with the syncronization of my 9900 with Outlook 2010; these don't strike me as device or carrier issues. Please clarify where I should go for help on these issues.

Thanks

Regardless of root cause, ALL formal support follows the same channels. Device issues go to the seller of the device and/or their authorized assignee. Service issues go the mobile service provider. BTW...when those are the same entity, things work most smoothly as it avoids the "not me" finger pointing problem with they are different entities.

No channel for direct escalation to BlackBerry by the end user exists -- save for the fee-based one (Incident Support) discussed above. To achieve escalation to BB, one must go through one of those two above-discussed entities. Hopefully, one will be willing to escalate your specific issues...it varies from entity to entity, and even among the agents within an entity (different training levels, etc.).

If you desire formal BlackBerry support for these issues, then you must go through one of those entities...convincing them to escalate your issue to BlackBerry without fee to you. Or, you go via Incident Support and pay that fee.

Or...post here in these forums (to the appropriate board) and receive excellent help from other users who just might be able to guide you to a solution.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

[ Edited ]

I have to say that if I had seen this thread before I would never have purchased a BlackBerry device. 

I don't know what's worse - the attitude that BlackBerry feels that they have no obligation whatsover to support the end users of their products, or the fact that you actually think it's something you can joke about.

BlackBerry knows as well as I do that the likelihood of a wireless company being able or willing to provide proper product support is close to zero.  And the fact that I purchased my phone (apparently) through a grey market supplier does not change my need for support in solving some significant problems with your product.

EXCEPT: My Z10 was purchased though Amazon.com, after the BlackBerry Canada website passed me through to that source. (At that time a couple of months ago you couldn't buy direct from the BlackBerry web site, instead the BB web site passed you though to other retail sites.)

The hardware is built by BlackBerry. The software that runs it is developed and installed on the phone by BlackBerry.  My wireless carrier had nothing to do with my choice of phones, or with my purchase.

It is disgusting that your company feels you can sell the hardware and then just walk away from problems.

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Thanks for info