Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

Trusted Contributor
kairosgrammy
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Introduction Board

jene853 wrote:

Hi!  I'm Janese(jene853),

I just got the blackberry 8900 about 2 weeks ago and I'm still feeling my way.  I have some really big project I'm working on for next year and I'm needing help to do things efficiently. So any help is appreciated.

Also, a good place to go is this: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series

www.crackberry.com is a great place to get free ringtones, wallpapers, a few free themes and from what you've said, apps. A lot of them are completely free. I don't think I've actually bought an app for my phone. Also, you can download blackberry app world on your phone from here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/appworld/?CPID=KNC-SEMD_rimggl99100000050791s&HBX_PK=rimggl991...&

Also, your phone should have come with bb desktop manager software and it also has direct links to tutorials which I found very, very helpful!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jammn
My Device: curve 8330

I think I'm going to change my user name to "lost in space" lol!  I'm a first time BB owner and am having a heck of a time figuring this thing out.  I've done the 101 and read the guide (book and online) and I think I'm on a candid camera game cuz nothing the manuals say to do is found on my BB Curve 8330.  For starters I didn't even know how to register!  I was asked to enter an IMEI or ESN.  I was told where to locate it but still couldn't!  Why? Because mine is an MEID (dec or hex) but nowhere did it say that!  Pardon my venting.  I'm hoping to get alot of help from the lounge.  I hope you'll support my naiveness and ranting and not vote me off.:smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Jammn

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kairosgrammy

jammn wrote:

I think I'm going to change my user name to "lost in space" lol!  I'm a first time BB owner and am having a heck of a time figuring this thing out.  I've done the 101 and read the guide (book and online) and I think I'm on a candid camera game cuz nothing the manuals say to do is found on my BB Curve 8330.  For starters I didn't even know how to register!  I was asked to enter an IMEI or ESN.  I was told where to locate it but still couldn't!  Why? Because mine is an MEID (dec or hex) but nowhere did it say that!  Pardon my venting.  I'm hoping to get alot of help from the lounge.  I hope you'll support my naiveness and ranting and not vote me off.:smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Jammn

Unfortunately, I think there are a lot of things that the tutorials and stuff don't tell us. Part of that is that each individual has had different cell phones that did something they liked and they want the new cell phone to do that also. Also, how we each use our cell phones differs and the tutorials mostly tell you the basics but leave out the fine points. I had to figure out how to cut and paste etc. on my own. My computer savvy did help somewhat with that. I know you'll learn to love your bb, it does take some getting used to. Welcome and I know you'll find a lot of help around here.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums jammn! :smileyhappy:

No such thing as a stupid question.   You're right, manuals can only be sooooo phone specific.  That's where the forums come in. :smileytongue:

Search box to the upper left is very helpful looking for answers to your question contained in prior threads.  What happens to me is I learn something new along the way to finding the answer to my initial question or problem.  When you do run into a problem you can start a thread in the forum appropriate for your 8330 http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board?board.id=8300.

There are many good people (other users) here to help.  Thanks for being here and introducing yourself.  Enjoy for blackberry! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi jammn and welcome to the forums!

There is a lot to learn. Do you have all the

user manuals? Click on these:

8330 Full user manual

Getting started Guide

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi jene853 and welcome to the forums!

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
tigerticker

Hello BBSCF folks,

You must surely have all the know-how I need to get my BB Storm working for me instead of me working for it.  I am Cindy, mother of two boys that are in high school (grades 12 and 10 as of 8/22/09.)  Both are away for a few days, so I am using the quiet time to tackle my synch problems with my BB Storm 9530. 

My personal goal at the moment is to get another college degree.  I would like to be a high school math teacher, which is different from my earlier career in finance and accounting.  I attend a local college taking classes part-time to obtain my teacher's certificate license.  I am an over eager reader of newspapers, and I never tire of current events, news, and new wrinkles in technology or any ideas.  I volunteer extensively in my community. 

In 1981, about the time personal computers were first introduced, I was able to use them to do financial analysis tasks at work.  I had the misfortune to buy the IBM PC Jr. as my first home computer -- Big Blue abandoned it in short order.  I have had the good fortune to generally keep up with rapidly evolving information and media technology, but my two sons eclipse me in personal consumer electronics.  I can generally whup 'em when it comes to desktop computer apps and OS, but that probably means that apps and OS are about to become obsolete. 

I hope I can contribute something to the forum, either intrigue or enthusiasm, and also hope I can get my problems solved.  See ya round the water cooler.

Cindy

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi Cindy and welcome to the forums!

Hey, you can still  get a PC XT if you need it!

:smileyvery-happy:

Bifocals

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums Cindy! :smileyhappy:

You already have contributed to the forums with your wonderful introduction.  

This is the right place for you as there are many "Storms" rolling through this place. :smileywink:

Have fun and enjoy your Blackberry.  See you around the forums. :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi jene853, jammn, tigerticker,

Welcome you all to BlackBerry support community forums.  :smileyhappy:

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.