Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Introduction Board

dpbenson - we are glad you found the f:smileyhappy:rums 

Will get the mods to move this to the correct thread to get you the best results.   

Did you puchase the data plan with the BlackBerrry?  We will help you....  It is a big switch from palm to BlackBerry (I had a palm before) once past the learning curve, you will love it.   

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

[ Edited ]

Hi Danielle and Debby and welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:  I see you've already met Bifocals, Tanzim and Cathlabnurse. They are perfect initial contacts for you on the forums.  Great examples of the people who will have your BB up and running quickly.  Users helping other users; that's what this place is all about.  :smileyvery-happy:

Danielle:  I know what you are going through.  Was on the Palm for 10 years, but wouldn't go back now.  Cathlabnurse is right; there is a learning curve, but there was initially on the Palm too.  Let us help get you set and then you can focus on learning how your BB works.  A few days and then you'll see. BB is different from the Palm, but BB is moving forward with many device choices.  Palm is only now coming out with the Pre; on only 1 carrier.  Be patient.  There is lots of help here.  We'll get you moved to the correct forum for your device; then you'll get all the help  you need.  Welcome. :smileyvery-happy:  See these links:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board?board.id=NewBlackBerryUsers 

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberry101/#tab_tab_8800

Debby:  I see Bifocals is getting you set up over on the 8800 forum.  He has a Storm and he is great; VERY helpful.  Will have you set up and going in no time.  Other users will help out over in that forum too.  I don't know the Mac, but plenty of others do.  Enjoy your BB! :smileyvery-happy:

You can check out the first link above and this one too:

http://demos.blackberry.com/9530/na/us/gen

Message Edited by IrwinII on 06-30-2009 06:54 AM
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jene853
My Device: Not Specified

Hey IrwinII, 

Nice to meet you too.  The horns are an opera reference BTW.  Its the only one I could find that came close.

Thanks for your help.  I've been cruising around the boards for a while.  Even before my BB came in the mail.  The problem has been using the QWERTY fast enough.  Maybe its just practice.

IrwinII wrote:

Hi Janese and welcome to the forums!:smileyhappy:  Nice horns BTW! :smileywink:

Nice to meet you. Hope to see you here often.

Here's the first place you want to go: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board?board.id=NewBlackBerryUsers

Start out with Blackberry 101.  Have fun.

The search box at the upper left of the forum is a great way to search for answers. Many questions have already been covered in prior threads.  That is how you can also find some answers to your questions.  Many good people here to help as well.  Questions specific to your device should be directed to: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board?board.id=8900

This will get answers for you more quickly.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jene853

kairosgrammy wrote:

jene853 wrote:

Hi!  I'm Janese(jene853),

Never buy your bb from walmart.

@kairosgrammy - Thanks for the advice.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jene853

Bifocals wrote:

Hi jene853 and welcome to the forums!

Bifocals

Thanks Bifocals!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jene853

tanzim wrote:

Hi jene853, jammn, tigerticker,

Welcome you all to BlackBerry support community forums.  :smileyhappy:

Thanks so much tanzim!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse

Jene welc:smileyhappy:me to the f:smileyhappy:rums!!  Glad you are here and yes the qwerty comes with practice!! you will get it!

cathlabnurse

Jene welc:smileyhappy:me to the f:smileyhappy:rums!!  Glad you are here and yes the qwerty comes with practice!! you will get it!

Debby1
My Device: Storm

Hi Iwinll. bifocals must be a night hawk in Texas. I too had a palm before. after it was stolen I got the bb as a gift to replace it. I enjoy many of the features, but can't get it to do the things I relied on my palm for. I haven't figured out how to down load music on it either yet.

I'm not a technowhiz. the solution in the bb/mac forum made my eyes glaze over last night. maybe today I'll understand it.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi Debby1,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.