Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Introduction Board

BalsGal wrote:

Hello? Hello!

BalsGal here.  It is official....I have given up on windows moble....I just bought a Pearl 8110 off ebay.  I am going to have soooooo many questions (once the battery charges up) it will make you all laugh.

Cheers!

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the C:smileyhappy:mmunity Balsgal! 

We are here and ready for your questions! 

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Everyone.....just got the BB8830 world phone.....loving it...I do a bit of travel and would love to leave the laptop at home for the short trips...this seems just the ticket.......I do have one question already...I transferred my address book to my phone, and did the backup to my computer......Seems the backup file is an itunes icon...when i click it, it calls up Itunes......Should this be happening?
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums larryc! :smileyhappy:

A world traveler, excellent.  Well, we have new users from all over the globe right here in this thread.  :smileyhappy:  Glad to have you here too.  Don't be a stranger.

As to your question, start a thread in the forum appropriate for your device and someone will get right to helping you out!  :smileyvery-happy:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board?board.id=8800

Be seeing you aroung the forums!

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi larryc and welcome to the forums!

Please open a thread in the 8800 series board so we can

properly address your issue. This thread is for introductions.

OK? :smileywink:

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite I
cathlabnurse

larryc wrote:
Hi Everyone.....just got the BB8830 world phone.....loving it...I do a bit of travel and would love to leave the laptop at home for the short trips...this seems just the ticket.......I do have one question already...I transferred my address book to my phone, and did the backup to my computer......Seems the backup file is an itunes icon...when i click it, it calls up Itunes......Should this be happening?

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the C:smileyhappy:mmunity F:smileyhappy:rums larryc! 

Enj:smileyhappy:y your BlackBerry! 

Hi, I'm Lynn, mother of a 30 year old and grammy to Alyssa, 8 and Gabe, almost 7. I very obviously love being a grammy. Big surprise to me, to be honest. When dd told me she was pregnant, I told her no way, I wasn't old enough to be a grandmother and she wasn't old enough to be a mother. I was rather angry with her, to be honest. It really didn't take long for me to change my tune. The first sonogram, really. Watching my dd belly grow and feeling the child inside her kick was enough to hook me. Now I am a very proud grammy of two.

I, by profession, am a school based speech pathologist. I initially went into the school system so I wouldn't have to feel guilty about having to work since I was a single mother. Now that she's all grown up and a mother herself, I really do enjoy working with the kiddos and the age group, so I stay. Pay would be be better in another career track but I figure I'm too old to switch my career orientation now.

My road to becoming a bb owner was long. I didn't even have a cell phone til about 8 years ago, swore I'd never own one. The only reason I got one was because I was driving an older model car and I often would get one of the grandkids and I was afraid of breaking down with one of them aboard and not be able to contact anyone. I found out phones were useful for tthings besides calling people, like the calendar which was great for me. I've always been forgetful and as I've gotten older, my memory skills are awful. The calendar etc. keeps me straight.

I came due for an upgrade in May. After a lot of consideration, decided I wanted a qwerty keyboard which would make texting with dd easier and also making calendar entries etc easier too. So I got a Samsung Propel. I really liked it except for the battery life. Sucky battery life. I used it one morning to call parents about summer speech and the battery was 1/2 down.

I guess I'm a bit paranoid about battery life since I got hit by a tornado this past March. I had a crap nokia phone and for whatever criticisms I had about the Nokia, the battery held up well while I notified family, insurance companies, house and car, kept in contact with concerned friends, etc, called emergency folks for neighbors who were trapped in debris. Their home was totally gone. It just made me so aware of the value of having a cell and the importance that it lasts.

So at any rate, I ended up returning that one and went to walmart and got a blackberry curve 8310. Loved it but as it turned out, the gps was messed up. Since my dd also had a bad experience with a phone she bought from Walmart, I decided to buy a phone from an AT&T dealer. Between the time I picked up the curve and returned it, the BB curve 8900 came out and so I decided to go with that one because of the wireless. Thought about the bold but around here, 3G wouldn't help that much. So I am now a proud bb owner and love my 8900. Got a lot to learn though. I always make it a point to learn whatever electronic item I purchase. Sometimes I'm a little slow but I get there. :smileyhappy:

Elite I
cathlabnurse

kairosogranny Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums! What an awesome story! That is truly an introduction!!

We are glad you chose the BlackBerry!!  There is alot to learn about the BlackBerry so don't get discouraged if you run into something - just drop by the community and we will be glad to help you!!  I have been a BlackBerry owner since october and LOVE IT!  

Can't believe I waited this long to not have one!!

have a wonderful day and enjoy those grandkids!!( I too am a Granny!) 

My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi kairosgrammy and welcome to the forums!

When I became a grandfather the family asked me what I wanted to be called,

I picked Gramps it sounded youngest of all the choices. 

I mean to me, Grandfather still refers to a clock!

See you around the forums, Grammy!

:smileyvery-happy:

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Trusted Contributor
kairosgrammy

"When I became a grandfather the family asked me what I wanted to be called,

I picked Gramps it sounded youngest of all the choices. 

I mean to me, Grandfather still refers to a clock!"

I don't know why I picked Grammy. Liked it I guess. I knew I didn't want to be a mamaw or mimaw and the hundred other assorted names southerners give their grandparents. I actually like my bff's name. Her grandson actually named her while she was still debating what she wanted her grandchildren to call her. He heard his my talking about my friend, and of course she always said "my mom" said, did whatever so he started calling her "Mymom" LOL.:smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
felix_87
My Device: Verizon Curve 8330 v5.0.0.438
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi my name is Felicity and I live in Virginia. My best friend [who lives in florida] came to visit me for my birthday this past week and she gave me her blackberry curve which she just had replaced at the verizon store about 2 weeks ago so its basically brand new, because she traded her ipod touch to some guy on craigslist for a brand new blackberry storm. But while she was updating the software on the storm the screen froze up and now it wont do anything, but she refused to take the curve back and now shes going to get the world edition one. So I pretty much got an almost brand new curve for free for my birthday. yay!:smileytongue:
*~*Felix*~*