Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

Visitor
Lynneski
My Device: Not Specified

New BB user

Hi, I'm LynneSki, I've only had my BB Curve for a week now...starting to get the hang of it!  Off to get a media card and maybe a bluetooth today...any tips on picking a good bluetooth that wont break the bank and is fairly easy to use?  I've got enought to learn with my BB, don't need it with a bluetooth too!!  :smileyhappy:

Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: New BB user

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

I would use google for both basic research on media cards and bluetooth headsets and for finding an online retailer.  I cannot recall the last time I purchased something for one of my phones at a bricks and mortar store.  There is simply too much operating overhead for them to be price competitive.  I have had great luck with both Amazon.com and Ebay.

Media card pricing is dropping steadily.  If the Curve takes a MicroSD card they can be found readily in the $20.00 for an 8gb card.

Bluetooth headsets are also dropping in price.  Bluetooth headsets are generally a safe bet regardless of brand as long as it indicates it is compliant with the same standard as your Curve.

I have to tell my beloved though you get what you pay for in Bluetooth headsets.  She always wanted to buy the cheapest she could find and wonder why it either did not work well or was uncomfortable to wear for any length of time.

Good names in Bluetooth are Jabra, BlueAnt, Jawbone and Motorola.  They all have good units out there.  I generally will find out what is the "second" to newest model.  The newest model will be at the highest price and generally the feature set doesn't change sufficiently to warrant the extra money.  Since they want to clear inventory they will discount the last previous model.

You want something that is comfortable.  Look at how it is worn and whether or not it has a speaker or has an earbud.  I find that I like the earbud type over the external speaker but that is just my preference.  New technology is making headway in the industry with circuitry to isolate voice transmission and filter out ambient noise.  That will add to the cost however.  If you find yourself in noisy environments that is a cost you might find worth it though.

As to the media card get the highest gb card your Curve will take and your budget allow.  You cannot have enough memory for content.  I currently have an 8gb card (one came with and I have a spare) for my Storm.  I am waiting for the price to drop a tad more before upgrading to a 16gb card.  That is because I am a music fanatic and always as Oliver Twist said "want more".

Most retail shops are way behind in discounting pricing for both cards and headsets.  Look at them at a bricks and mortar but buy online.  The savings can be substantial.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Visitor
buckwoods
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having trouble loging into facebool I'm having trouble login on facebook it tells me wrong password when I go into forgot password I can't find sms message any sugestions I'm new at this bb stuff I'm wondering if facebook is even a good app anyway
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums

If you have any capitals or numbers, make sure you have those pressed correctly in Facebook log in.... is one thought

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Remember when deciding to use "applications" to access things that you don't need an application for:  They take up memory!

I have Facebook bookmarked in the browser, I have Facebook as a contact for sending photos.  Why waste precious memory for an application?

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101 Tips & Tricks

Media card capacity is dependent on the OS you are running on your device:  Media Card Compatibility

Go to options-about - 3rd line down will read v4.x.x.xxx and that is your OS.

Bluetooth headsets are very much a personal decision as FA1SGL explained. 

This listing may help as well:  Supported bluetooth headsets

Keep coming back and let us know how it goes.

Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Contributor
eestubbs104
My Device: Verizon BlackBerry Storm

Lynneski wrote:

Hi, I'm LynneSki, I've only had my BB Curve for a week now...starting to get the hang of it!  Off to get a media card and maybe a Bluetooth today...any tips on picking a good Bluetooth that wont break the bank and is fairly easy to use?  I've got enough to learn with my BB, don't need it with a Bluetooth too!!  :smileyhappy:

Hello Lynneski, I don't think anyone can give you good advice on picking out a Bluetooth. Your best bet may be to go online, (Amazon.com for one), check prices, go online to Znet or Cnet and look at the reviews and than to a store for a finally look. Pay close attention to the buttons that control you functions (off-on & volume). Some  Bluetooth are very small, some are too large. After owning two Bluetooth headsets, I finally went to a stereo wired head set, but that just my preference (great for listening to music). Good luck & make it work for you

Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak. ( Mark 14:38)
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Good place to look at too.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Accessories/bd-p/accessories

Hi and welcome to the BTSC forums. :smileyvery-happy:

Enjoy your stay with us!

I like the HS 500 since it does not get planted into the canal and make your ear sore.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi

Welcome to BlackBerry support community forums.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit