Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

Contributor
eestubbs104
My Device: Verizon BlackBerry Storm

New bee

Hello and good morning :smileywink: I am a newbie to this forum, but not to the BB Storm (original, not the Storm2 ). 

I like my BB Storm and I wouldn't trade it right now for any other phone (even tho I have looked at the Droid). Right now, for me, the only thing the Droid has over my BB is that the screen with the higher pixels gives it a better picture. But in the  store, with a side by side comparison, the Droid did not impress me enough for me to want and trade in my BlackBerry Storm running on the new 5.0 OS. :smileyvery-happy:

Speed for speed, there was not that much of a difference (at least I couldn't see it :smileyindifferent:)

So, I am looking forward to meeting new friends and hearing new ways to enjoy our BlackBerrys or is that BlackBerries :smileytongue:

Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak. ( Mark 14:38)
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: New bee

Hi and welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit (though you probably already have):    Blackberry 101    Tips & Tricks    Storm Tips

And don't forget: The Storm Forum

Let us know how your are doing and if you have any questions/issues; search in the forum (search box at top right of page) Can't find what you're looking for? Start your own thread. Other users be there to help.

Cool on the side by side with the Droid.  Can we put you in a commercial?  :smileyvery-happy:

Just be sure to keep coming back. Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Hi and welcome to the BTSC forums. :smileyvery-happy:

Enjoy your stay with us!

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums

I am with you - I love my Storm...... I really like the 5.0 OS! 

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
eestubbs104

Nurse-Berry

Well thank you cathlabnurse for the welcome and yes I love my Storm. I even compared it to the new Storm2 but with the upgrade to the new 5.0 there really isn't much difference.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome and if I ever find my Storm getting a little sic', I know who to call  Nurse-Berry   :smileytongue:

Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak. ( Mark 14:38)
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Nurse-Berry

My pleasure!! That is what is great about having a nurse on the forums!! :smileyhappy:  

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi eestubbs104,

Welcome to BlackBerry support community forums. Glad to have you in the community.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
eestubbs104

Hello IrwinII, thank you very much for the welcome.

I have already stop by the sites that you suggested; Blackberry 101, Tips & tricks and of course Storm tips.

I would love to do a commercial and give 'my' opinion and I guess that's what really matters the most when it comes to someone buying a cell phone (their opinion). 

Before I went out and looked at the new Droid and BlackBerry Storm2, I visited a couple of well known web site for on line comparison. No one, for whatever reason will pick one cell phone over the other, duh, what's the point of the comparison.

Now, I am not saying that my Storm is better than the Droid or the BlackBerry Storm2, but I will say that neither one of those phones did enough for me, for me to want to upgrade and I am eligible for an upgrade.

Hey, has anyone used the OtterBox cell phone holster. I did and it is well worth the cost of protecting you cell phone from unintentional slips and drops (talking from experience here :smileyindifferent: )

Please use plain text.