Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

annaszofia
My Device: blackberry bold

Hello there, can anybody help me? I dropped my blackberry bold in some water today, and I have a new one coming tomorrow. Trouble is, I have to give back my existing one, so I've been trying to save all my phone numbers and email addresses, photos, etc. I got on the phone to a guy from orange, my service provider, who told me to install blackberry desktop manager. He said he would phone back in ten minutes, but never did. I installed blackberry desktop manager, and succeed in backing up all my data, but now I can't open it on my computer! I wanted to check that I could access all my data, but I can't open the program at all., the only thing that seems to not work on my phone is the middle scroll button, so I can't use it very much.... Please help!! I've been trying to sort this out for about 5 hours now... :-( 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sebas2
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790

Re: New member

Hi annaszofia,

BlackBerry Desktop Manager (Software?) should have created a .bbb file as the backup of your BlackBerry. This file is used by BlackBerry Desktop Manager to later restore another BlackBerry (or the same one).

You can also view the files and info in the backup on your PC, but with a couple of tweaks: change the .bbb's file extension to .zip, and then extract all the files from it. If you browse through the resulting folders, you'll find your photos, music, etc. As for your address book (phone numbers), it's in the Databases top-level folder, in a file called 1.dat. Change the file extension to .txt and open it. It'll look like gibberish because it contains binary data, but if you look carefully you'll find your contacts' names and phone and PIN numbers. Also, the file 14.dat contains your BBM (PIN) contacts.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

There are a couple of options for extracting and viewing data from a the backup files.

1. The IPD Parse macro is designed to read a Blackberry IPD file and create reports in MSWord or MSExcel. It is free, and you can find out more here: https://sites.google.com/site/ipdparse/home
2. Another options is MagicBerry from MenaStep... which extract from a backup IPD or BBB file, split IPD files, etc. http://menastep.com/pages/magicberry.php
3. Another IPD and BBB file utility is BlackBerry Backup Extractor, and is available for PC and Mac, and can be found here: http://www.blackberryconverter.com/ There is a free and paid version.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums annaszofia! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101    Tips & Tricks

JSanders has given you several options for checking your data.  Once you have your new device you should be able to restore your data there using Desktop Software.  I hope all is well by now with your new device.  Post back and let us know how it goes.

Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.