Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

New Contributor
Wordsgood
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Newbi Intro

Hello fellow BlackBerry users!

Before figuring out how to get to this area, I fumbled around and found where to post a plea for help and left a bit of an Intro in my post there. But, having since learned a bit more about navigating this forum's boards, I thought I would stop by here and give you a more complete picture of who I am!

As you may have guessed by my Username I am a big fan oí words; in particular the written word. I have enough books to rival some small libraries! I read many genres and tend to go through phases (by that I mean for years) where I will pig-out, so to speak, on one or two genres. Right now for instance, I'm in year 5 or 6 of devouring political biographies about 20th century communist and fascist leaders, as well as the memoirs and bios of people that lived through such regimes. Any book recommendations are happily welcomed!

I'm a Canadian, married woman in my 40s, have MS, and a wonderful husband of nearly 20 years. We have two grown foster kids, a houseful of furry kids, and my 78 yr old father living with us (for now at least, though he's free to a good home...
kidding ;-)...).

This is the first cell I've had in many years as the last one became a huge problem once the select few people who had the number proceeded to share it with everyone and their dog - who then called for the dumbest reasons no matter how many times they were told not to - resulting in outrageous phone bills. Changing numbers and getting a private listing did not help. Nor, apparently, did screaming at the worst offenders - which, oddly enough were NOT the kids!

But now I've reached the point where due to my health, having a cell is crucial. And this time NO-ONE is getting the number except for my husband, not even the kids! Plus now that cells have become "smart" and replaced PDAs, I'm finding my new Curve 9320 far easier, lighter and more effective than the old Datebook that used to be my person bible. :-) I went with the Curve because touch screen drive me nuts, so no BB10 in my future! Do wish the buttons were bigger though...but you can never have it all, right?!

Okay, now that I've talked your eyes off, I'm heading off to do more exploring. Cheers!

P.S. My post asking for help last night (Mach 18 in the wee hours, so technically today) is under the "Protect App" forum board. Please feel free to pop over if you think you may be able to help. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Newbi Intro

Hi and welcome to the forums Wordsgood! :smileyhappy:  I extend my apologies for being so late in my welcome to you, but I have been away for a bit.  I hope to get back to being a regular contributor around here again.

A great place for you to visit is Blackberry 101 & Tips and Tricks 

Thanks for the very nice intro!  As you know by now, these Forums are a great place to meet other BB folks and learn about your device.  I usually tell new members to head on over to the Forum specifically for their device The Curve Forum   and use the search box at upper right to find a topic or issue of interest.  One thread usually leads to another and another and another until you look at the clock and realize an hour has easily passed.  Along the way you have found out about your original question as well as many other things you can do with your device that you hadn't even started out looking for.  :Eek:

To me, that is truly one of the amazing things about this place.  Plus, you have the chance to meet some very nice people.  Just be sure to keep coming back; even if you aren't having a problem.  This is THE place to learn about your Curve.  Don't be a stranger; we just love new members! :Yes:

Very happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.