Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

New Contributor
dlbme
My Device: Black Berry Tour 9630

Palm Treo user forced to accept BB Tour Help with sync contacts!

UUMM ok Im a Noob, my Palm Treo has died and my family in comforting me in my grief pitched in and purchased a BB Tour for me.  The sales person assured them this is the closest thing to the Palm, I am completely lost! How do i Sync Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks with the Tour?  Where/how did you find the instructions?! the user guide is useless! this is the first link comment re: outlook contacts and ive been searching for hours!  HELP im ready to smash this Tour into tourdust!  Thanks!
Laugh Often, Love much, Live Well!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Palm Treo user forced to accept BB Tour Help with sync contacts!

Since you have outlook it will be easy.

Install Desktop Manager that came on the CD with the phone.

Connect phone to PC with DM running 

Then click on sync options and when done sync it.

Also some more good stuff here

Click for BlackBerry 101

Just like anything new it takes a bit of time to get to know it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit just to get you comfortable with your BB:  Blackberry 101    Tips & Tricks

I'm an old Treo user myself so all is not lost.  Happy on my Curve for 7 months now .  Hang in there. 

This forum is really for welcomes and introductions.  I would suggest you start a new thread here:  Tour Forum  where the users are more familiar with the Tour.  They can get you set to move your data so you can sync with Outlook.

Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII

knottyrope you are FAST!!!
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dlbme
My Device: Black Berry Tour 9630

Thank you so much! Now why couldnt that be in the user guide???? I will never stress again over the Tour, I'll ask here first!!
Laugh Often, Love much, Live Well!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

dlbme wrote:
Thank you so much! Now why couldnt that be in the user guide???? I will never stress again over the Tour, I'll ask here first!!

That is a good solution. Thats why we are here.:smileywink:

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII

Follow Knottyrope's advice to the letter.  :smileyvery-happy:  I missed that you had already been syncing with Outlook.  That does make it an easier transition since you are already familiar with Outlook.  No transition necessary from the Palm Desktop which is what I had been thinking in suggesting you head to the Tour forum.

VERY happy to hear you won't stress over your Tour again.  Excellent device.  You're going to love your BB.  And I think you're going to like it here in the forums so don't be a stranger.  Keep coming back.  Lots to learn and this is the place to do it.  :smileyhappy:

Use the search box (upper left in the forums) to find information on questions you may have that is in previously posted threads.  If you cannot find it there, just start a  new thread and off you go.  Users in the forums will be there to help.  

Be seeing you around the forums.  

IrwinII
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums!!

I see knottyrope and irwin are already taking excellent care of you!! Glad you are here!!!  

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi dlbme,

Welcome aboard to the BlackBerry world!!

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.