New Contributor
NNirav
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: docomo
How to move a file from one location to another

Hello BB10Programers,

I am newbie in bb10.From the documentation i have found some samples for creating and making a dir.After thta i have implemented  onesample app which will  make dir,creatre file,rename file ,delete file.Buy now I am unable to move that file from on location to another location.I have seen some method using QFile s object but there is no method for move.Please provide any link or concrete examples if possible.

Thanks

:Cowboy:

Developer
oniongarlic
My Device: Playbook, BB10DevAlphaB
My Carrier: Sonera, Saunalahti
Re: How to move a file from one location to another
You can use .rename() or a combination of .copy() and .remove()
Rename is more or less the same as a move when used on the same filesystem.
What exactly are you trying to achieve ?
New Contributor
NNirav
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: docomo

Thank you for the answer,

Actually i have created one directory as data/file/text/current.txt and  in that directory i have created one file called newfile.txt.Now i want to move that file from its current location to another location.So  how would i do it?lets say i have a another directory called data /newdir/ .Now how would I store my  current file to this location?

Developer
dishooom
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi

Have you tried out QFile::Copy

QFile::copy("path1/file_xyz","path2/file_xyz");

Although i havnt tried this out,,, i think this should work.

_ Dishooom