Contributor
hknet
My Device: z30
My Carrier: H3G Austria
twitter app compared to old devices

Hi,

I'm still getting aquainted with my Z30. Trying to use the twitterapp which I love on my BB9900 (though many tweets make the old one sometimes get overloaded) I realized: the keyboard I get for creating a tweet misses out on "@" and "#" keys which is a real bummer.

On the other hand if I eg. try to share a picture just taken with the gread photoapp on the Z30 and start my text with @ it brings me right to the contactlist, which is probably a good idea per se but on twitter I beg to differ (and I suppose on facebook I'd be differing too), the old twitterapp simply allowed be to type the nickname as far as I knew it and then suggestions popped up. I'd appreciate the old functionality with the option to fire up the contact list if I don't know whom I'd like to mention.

My point is the new sharing eg. images workflow slows thing down _a_lot_.

The keyboard in the twitterapp itself is at least flawed.

Thanks in advance for any fixes,

hk

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t
Re: twitter app compared to old devices
We've been telling them that since January of last year. The keyboard you get is the same everywhere. You have to hit the symbol key "?123" to get the # and @.

If you type another character first like a period it won't take you to the contact list. I think the idea is that if you're typing something directly to someone it's probably someone you follow and they will be in your contact list.

The other option is to start the tweet first, then attach the picture.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
hknet
Thanks for your quick response and suggestions.

Actually I noticed for example if BB knows the field contains an e-mail it offers the @-sign without getting to symbol-keys, so I suppose getting the #-sign too for the twitter-input-box should be possible *fingerscrossed*

In my business-life time is the most precious value, so anything that can be done more efficient is great and as I got my flow with the old BB I want at least the same efficiency back (and in fact expected more efficiency :smileyhappy:)
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t
Ah, you are very observant. Agreed. Those of us who have been on the device since launch have been telling them that since launch (January of last year.)

Have you tried Blaq? Those who do a lot of tweeting swear by it. It's the most popular BB10 Twitter app.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
hknet
Thanks for the tipp, I'll have to try Blaq, though I usually love my builtin and well integrated stuff from BB, but lets see. Thanks!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I amost exclusively use Blaq for the past year +, and really like it, integrates very well with the OS.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code