This article applies to the following:
- BlackBerry® PlayBook OS
- BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet
Prior to upgrading to a beta release of the BlackBerry PlayBook OS, perform a full backup that can be used to restore your device after downgrading. Note: Backups of a higher release can not be restored onto a lower release. This article explains how to back up your data.
Use the following steps to downgrade your tablet from a beta release to the current production release. This procedure requires an Internet connection.
Please note that if you signed up for the PlayBook OS beta and installed it over the air you will need to wait approximatly 24 hours before you can downgrade. Otherwise, your BlackBerry PlayBook will reapply the upgrade during the first bootup after the downgrade has been installed. This does not apply to developers who received a BlackBerry PlayBook with a beta pre-installed. You are able to downgrade at any time.
- Turn off your device.
- Open BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB.
- Enter your device password.
- When Desktop Manager prompts that it cannot connect to your BlackBerry PlayBook, choose Update. Note that this screen will dissapear once the tablet boots up.
- Enter your email address or uncheck “Yes, email me when updates are available”.
- Click Install if using Windows, Repair if using Mac.