Write an application that sends email messages.
- Discover how to send an email message.
- Discover how to receive an email message.
- Discover how to use the email server simulator (ESS).
- Open email_sample_incomplete.zip
- In the IDE, open the email_sample.jdw workspace
- Open the EmailSample.java source file.
- Add code to _sendItem to complete the following tasks:
- retrieve a reference underlying message storage
- retrieve a reference to the Sent Items folder
- create the message
- add the email recipient (retrieve the address that the user entered)
- add the subject (retrieve the subject that the user entered)
- add the body (retrieve the message text that the user entered)
- send the message
- reset UI fields to empty
- Start the email server simulator in standalone mode.
- Start Microsoft Outlook Express.
- Build and run the application in the simulator.
- Verify that the email message appears in Outlook Express.
Check Your Work
Check out email_sample_complete.zip
In this exercise, you discovered the following things:
- how to create and send an email message
- how to use the email server simulator to test email functionality