Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

0.9.3 Simulator doesn't get past the license agreement

Not sure what's going on, but after scrolling to the end of the EULA, entering Y, and Enter, the simulator restarts just to show me the EULA again.

Any idea what the problem can be?

I didn't have that problem with 0.9.2

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 0.9.3 Simulator doesn't get past the license agreement

I am currently having the same issue. 0.9.2 ran fine without any problems. I am running Windows 7 Professional x64. Here is what the problem looks like:

playbook.png

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

What problem?  Is it not letting you hit ENTER to reboot?  I'm not sure how obvious it is, but you have to click within the window to change focus to the virtual OS, then hit Enter... is it ignoring that on you?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

I did click inside the window and hit enter inside the Virtual OS. It reboots but goes back to the installer EULA page and does the same thing again.

Developer

Okay, I was just checking since the screenshot doesn't actually show the "problem", just what we've all seen.. only it's the second or fifth time for you.  Got it.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer

Try a capital Y

Developer

I tried a capital Y. Same thing.

New Developer

I admit, i didn't scroll to the bottom... I noticed it looked like "less", so i just hit "q" to quit, then Y when it prompted me.. give that a whirl.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

@killerspaz: cheater. Smiley Tongue

here i thought just hitting space was creative haha

On Topic: have you tried re-doing the VMware sim installation?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer

peter9477 wrote:

Okay, I was just checking since the screenshot doesn't actually show the "problem", just what we've all seen...

I'm wrong again.  In a way your screenshot does show the problem.  The fact it says "Quitting" like that means it doesn't think you've actually entered a positive answer.

I thought maybe you'd just hit SPACE before the y, but I tried that (as well as lower-case) and it didn't stop it.

I tried entering N and got what you see.

Here's what it should look like:

sim093_license_prompt.png

So I think it's related to you typing something invisible that screws up the input at the prompt.

How are you getting through all 45,123 pages of the license agreement?  Hitting SPACE over and over?

Try just hitting "G" (capital G) since it's using the pager "less" or "more" and they usually let you jump to the end by using G.  Then make sure there's no extra garbage at the prompt and try a nice clean Y and cross your fingers.  I hope that helps...