Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: 0.9.4 Simulator Issues

sky858 wrote:

Is there a way I can uninstall my app from the simulator without having to create a new virtual machine so I can make sure it doesn't always install twice?

You can actually just inspect the list of installed apps.

From the command line:

blackberry-deploy -listInstalledApps -device 192.168.x.y -password XXX

If you see only one instance of your app listed there, I doubt very much this is something to concern yourself over.  JRab likes to froth about it all the time in #playbook-dev on IRC (irc.freenode.net), but we keep him on a tight leash so nobody gets hurt. :-)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

sky858 wrote:

Is there a way I can uninstall my app from the simulator without having to create a new virtual machine so I can make sure it doesn't always install twice?

Actually, I believe the second app icon you see is your signed app. I got the second icon on 0.9.3, but not until I actually deployed a signed app.

I think you can uninstall by changing your launch configuration to uninstall rather than install.

-=Cliff>

Dungeon Joe - A Touch-focused Strategy Game http://dungeonjoe.com
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

@trickyelf: if you count the unsigned version, then there is not just two but three icons. the two icons come from the same application. when clicked it opens the same application (both signed). if u uninstall it, it gets rid of both icons upon restart of the simulator.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: Play and Plus

When you delete blackberry-tablet.xml file you will get rid off that two or free icons.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

@peter:  The checksum is corrrect (matches your value).  Still unable to create the simulator image.  Anyone else have problems.  Did not have problems installing 090-093.

Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

I installed the new simulator on Vmware running on Linux(Ubuntu 10.10) on a x86_64x machine. When i launch the browser , I get a blank white screen. After reboot i was able to launch it properly..but upon reboot second time again i see the same white screen.

When I see this white screen, I am not able to launch any other apps as the swipe up the bezel doesnt work.

browser.jpg 

Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

mrpinc wrote:

Also noticing that the header bar containing the settings will somtimes dissapear, hiding the clock, dev info button.

I have seen this too..

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

After setting up the virtual machine and attempting to boot it, I get stuck on the splash that says Blackberry PlayBook. I have left it in this state for over 30 minutes. I gave up after that and tried downloading it all over again, only to acheive exactly the same thing. I have downloaded it a third time and I'm currently at that same screen (and have been for about 40 mins). I don't know if it means anything, but I'm running Vista. Did I do something wrong?

---
My Apps:
KeepUp (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26514?lang=en)
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

@tyrael

- make sure 3D accelaration is enabled

- if does not boot for more than 3 minutes shut it down the vm and restart the vm, without re-installing

- if it does not help, shut down the vm and try to remove extra devices not used for it, i.e. cd-rom, floppy disk, sound card (if you not using sound)

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

"if does not boot for more than 3 minutes shut it down the vm and restart the vm, without re-installing"

This is exactly what I tried before the other times I downloaded it, and it didn't work. I decided to try one more time before removing devices, but for whatever reason, it worked this time. Anyways, thanks.

---
My Apps:
KeepUp (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26514?lang=en)