Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

2.0.0.4869 Pictures App w/ .thumbnails

In the OS version 2.0.0.4869, the .thumbnails directory is shown in the folders that includes "Camera Picutres" and "All Pictures". I beleive that should not be shown.  Also, what happend to the background images to choose from?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: 2.0.0.4869 Pictures App w/ .thumbnails

Moreover, no files or folders that start with a period should be shown, as per QNX convention.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

We are aware of this issue and it will be fixed in a future release.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

here's an interesting question for you, and it has been encountered in the past... If a windows user copies over their Metallica collection and one album happens to be in a folder called "...And Justice For All", what would you expect the behaviour of the media indexer to be? It's job really is to find all of your media files so that the Pictures, Music, Video, etc. apps can find them. No windows user should be expected to know that files starting with "." are to be treated as special. Or should they?
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

... especially not a Metallica fan... ;-)

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

If folders are being imported, maybe the importer should strip leading periods. OR, since the .thumbnails is a "special" directory, it should be excluded by its full name.