Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Reply
Developer
Posts: 1,636
Registered: ‎07-14-2008
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

3 days left PB where are you?

Doesnt look like we will get the PB on or before the 19th consider it is the weekend now.

 

why wont they ship it? stores will get it before us.

Developer
Posts: 6,473
Registered: ‎12-08-2010
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: 3 days left PB where are you?

Sadly, it does appear you're correct.  I only hope some day we learn just what the problem was, since it makes no sense to me at all.


Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
Posts: 669
Registered: ‎02-19-2011
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: 3 days left PB where are you?

Yep. At the beginning of the week I had good hopes that they'd send them as soon as the embargo was lifted but now it seems it's just in some sort of limbo. Who knows when they'll get sent out. 

 

Patience I suppose...

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)


My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Developer
Posts: 128
Registered: ‎03-18-2011
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: verizon

Re: 3 days left PB where are you?


smiley wrote:

Doesnt look like we will get the PB on or before the 19th consider it is the weekend now.

 

why wont they ship it? stores will get it before us.


The stores already have them. Staples and Best Buys have demos out. The manager at Staples told me the truck delivered them late 4/14.

Developer
Posts: 2,462
Registered: ‎11-04-2010
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: 3 days left PB where are you?

[ Edited ]

Well there are two parties at play here -- RIM and TMG Ideas. So I'm gonna assume there was a miscommunication of sorts and they either didn't do something they should have done a while ago or just left everything till the last minute and ran into technical issues regarding the shipping. In either case it's pretty clear at this point we shouldn't be holding our breaths for the device anytime soon.

 

I'm more baffled by the lack of the 1.0 SDK release -- the device not being shipped is one thing that has a bunch of reasons for it, but the SDK delay is puzzling at best.

 

Needless to say we've been in the dark and left with a lot of circumvented questions -- we can only hope our apps work based on the theory we know of as the simulator.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
Posts: 1,636
Registered: ‎07-14-2008
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: 3 days left PB where are you?

[ Edited ]

For everyone who got the PB early and yet they can not activate it except for reviewers.  so what is the point of hoarding the PB? Just send it already.

 

Maybe i'll just buy the 64gig version on Tuesday and then return it when i get the free PB.  hehehe  I'm just P*ss right now with all the waiting and promises sending to developers "real soon". is that next week, next month or next year?

 

Developer
Posts: 669
Registered: ‎02-19-2011
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: 3 days left PB where are you?

I'm now starting to think they may be waiting till every single app that's eligible for the offer has been cleared by the Test House and only then send them all in one batch. I can't think of any other reason anymore why they're not on their way to us yet.

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)


My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Developer
Posts: 1,003
Registered: ‎01-16-2011
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 3 days left PB where are you?

 


JRab wrote:

Well there are two parties at play here -- RIM and TMG Ideas. So I'm gonna assume there was a miscommunication of sorts and they either didn't do something they should have done a while ago or just left everything till the last minute and ran into technical issues regarding the shipping. In either case it's pretty clear at this point we shouldn't be holding our breaths for the device anytime soon.

 

I'm more baffled by the lack of the 1.0 SDK release -- the device not being shipped is one thing that has a bunch of reasons for it, but the SDK delay is puzzling at best.

 

Needless to say we've been in the dark and left with a lot of circumvented questions -- we can only hope our apps work based on the theory we know of as the simulator.


 

The only reason I can think of as to why 1.0 isn't here is because they're scrambling with last minute api's, and adding in some core functionality (perhaps gps, video chat, rotation, cameras, multitouch) but even that seems unlikely. It's all just a very confusing process to be honest.

 

And I highly doubt a miscommunication is the issue.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
Posts: 297
Registered: ‎10-30-2010
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

Re: 3 days left PB where are you?

[ Edited ]

May be they are intentionally delaying so that we won't ruin the excitement of retail buyers by bragging about getting the device for free. Smiley Sad

Developer
Posts: 2,462
Registered: ‎11-04-2010
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: 3 days left PB where are you?

 


AppStoreLover wrote:

May be they are intentionally delaying so that we won't ruin the excitement of retail buyers by bragging about getting it for free. Man Surprised


You mean all those playbooks they gave out for free last night wasn't enough?

 

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman