Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

500 BarFileUnsignedError

Hi All,

i have a SWF file, i want to compile it into bar and it need to be install on playbook device.

i have followed the below steps,

1. got the .bar file by below command

blackberry-airpackager -package <filename>.bar -installApp -launchApp <filename>-app.xml <filename>.swf blackberry-tablet.xml  -device deviceIP

2. Sign the application by

blackberry-signer -keystore sigtool.p12 -storepass mypass filename.bar author

it says..

bar signed.

3. Installed the application by

blackberry-deploy -installApp -password mypass -device deviceIP -package fileName.bar

Sending Install request...
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 943350
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 943350 bytes
actual_dname::
actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 500 BarFileUnsignedError

is there any steps is missed out to sign the bar file, please help me to sign the bar and install it on playbook device.

Regards,

Nithya.M

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: 500 BarFileUnsignedError

I don't see both signing phases above. There should be one with "RDK" and another with "author".

Also note that if you're going to deploy as the final step, you should remove the deploy arguments from the airpackager command. It's a multi-purpose tool, being able to both build and install, but I find it better to use it solely for building. Strip out the "-launchApp -installApp" and "-device deviceIP" parts.

From the looks of things, either or both of these problems would explain the error.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 500 BarFileUnsignedError

Hi peter,

Thanks, i have used the below command and i solved the issue

blackberry-airpackager -package out.bar my.xml my.swf -buildId buildId -signRIM -signDev -keystore devcert.p12 -storepass 123456 -cskpass 123456

Regards,

Boopalan.M