Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

500 unexpected override when launching app?

Hello,

I've just created a new Flex Mobile Project in Burrito (HelloWorld), and two files were created: HelloWorld.mxml and HelloWorldView.mxml. I'm new to Flex development, but I wanted to see if I could at least build this project the way it is now and launch in the PB simulator. 

The PB configuration in my FB works fine for some fxp I have downloaded (ie, the project gets built, deployed into the PB and launched), but for this barebones project I've just created, I've got this error message during launching (packaging goes well):

Deployment Failed: Sending Install request...
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 1054938
Info: Installing ...
actual_dname::
actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 500 unexpected override

Deployment Failed: Sending Install request...

Info: Action: Install

Info: File size: 1054938

Info: Installing ...

actual_dname::

actual_id::

actual_version::

result::failure 500 unexpected override

Why did I use a Flex Mobile Project instead of an ActiveScript project? I was looking for a better way to design the UI for my app --- it seems that using ActiveScript is really more difficult as far as designing an UI.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 500 unexpected override when launching app?

I've been battling this for two days now as well. The only solution I've found was to remove any instances of the word debug from your -app.XML file. Clean the project and try again.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi

I dont have the word "debug" in my app.xml still getting the error.

Developer

Reboot your sim and see if you still get the error.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi

Was running up against this error last week and couldn't find a solution that worked anywhere, including removing all instances of 'debug'.

What I ended up doing was reinstalling my simulator. I can now deploy to my new simulator fine, but still not the old one...
----------------------------------------
If this post solved your problem, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button.
If you found this post useful, please provide a Kudo. Thanks.

Approved Apps: Celestial Slingshot
Developer

Brandon_Appetizer wrote:
Was running up against this error last week and couldn't find a solution that worked anywhere, including removing all instances of 'debug'.

What I ended up doing was reinstalling my simulator. I can now deploy to my new simulator fine, but still not the old one...

I had this same issue. Must have reinstalled the sim an average of 5+ times a day just to get it to disappear.

If you are compiling with 0.9.4 and trying to deploy to 0.9.3 I don't think that works. You can't go from a newer sdk to an older sim, but you can go from an older sdk to a newer sim.

- Hockey DrillBook -
New Developer
My Device: 9700

[ Edited ]

I just stumbled across this problem and I thought I would let you know how I fixed it without having to reinstall the simulator.

I came across the problem because I was changing the <id></id> value in my -app.xml file.  What I did was generally follow the instructions on this thread to uninstall the application I was working on from the simulator: Uninstall

To get the uninstall to work I had to do a few things.

1. Just run blackberry-deploy to get the available parameters.  The instructions above say to specifiy the bar file but I kept getting errors.

2. Open up the bar file and then open the Manifest.fm file to get the package-id.  This will be a horrible mess of numbers and letters.

3. Call blackberry-deploy with the correct parameters:

blackberry-deploy -uninstallApp -package-id <package-id from your Manifest.mf file> -device <the ip of the simulator> -password <the system password for the simulator>

Hope this helps someone.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: ?

I have just been posting over on another thread (AIR validation failed) and my last problem is the same as the issue found here.

I wonder if anyone has found a suitable answer to this yet? I just tried NormanF's suggestion and it didn't work out for me.

Any ideas?

New Developer
My Device: 9700

I wonder if 500 is thrown for multiple, similar errors.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: ?

I would really like it if there was a wiki where we could look up these errors and the way we can work around them.

2nd night now with no movement.

Feels like RIM isn't moving quickly enough to help us Devs out