Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

64-bit Windows

It appears the SDK will not install on Windows 7 64-bit. During the installation I get the message "Win64 not supported. The author of the package you are installing did not include support for this platform." Are there plans to support 64-bit Windows?

Developer

Re: 64-bit Windows

Hi, i have exactly the same issue running Windows 7 64-bit. In the docs it is written "Note: 64-bit versions must run in 32-bit mode" but i'm not really sure you can do that...

So far, that's a showstopper and i'm sure i wont be the only one, please provide a fix

Fabien

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the white star and provide a Kudo!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!
Developer

Same problem here. What is "64-bit versions must run in 32-bit mode" supposed to mean?

Developer

I had the same issue, but I was able to get the installer up.  I uncompressed the .exe (using 7zip), then went into the Windows directory.

I edited the .lax file there and modified the lax.nl.current.vm property to my 32 bit version of java.

Make sure to either change the slashes to doubles, or reverse them..

For example:

lax.nl.current.vm=C:/jdk1.6.0_21/bin/java.exe

I haven't finished the installer, so, there might be other issues that'll happen after... we'll see.

Developer

Strange, I'm running Win7 64Bit and it installed fine over here, no need for screwing around.

Deploying from FB on the other hand...

Highlighted
Contributor

Installer wants 32 bit java. Techncally you can uninistall your 64 bit java, install 32 bit version. Run the installer. After it is done revert to 64 bit java. Have not done it myself.

Developer

I just did what dslack said (extract and change de value in .lax to lax.nl.current.vm=C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre6/bin/java.exe) and the installer worked nicely, even the Flash Builder 4 integration

Thanks!

Fabien

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the white star and provide a Kudo!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!
Developer

Looks like the same thing applies to the Simulator...

Developer

[ Edited ]

@liliana_v

That was my first thought - especially since java puts an executable into the c:\windows\system32 directory, it can be a pain to get the 32-bit showing up.  Anyways, once I renamed these, and verified that I was now getting a 32-bit JDK in the system path, the installer still didn't work (at least, for me).

So, that workaround is an alternate solution...

Developer

I did as liliana_v suggested and was able to install the tools and the simulator. Thanks liliana!