Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: none
My Carrier: Personal

A few questions about payment service

Hi guys...

I keep on trying to make the payment service works not migrating my Adobe Flash Pro app to Flash Builder and I came up with an idea so I wanted to ask:

1) If I create like a "new project" in Flash Builder named "Payment" and I follow the tutorial "Creating a basic application" (not the part of the buttons, thought) I will have a Payment.as... so if I import this class into my Flash Pro application and I initialize the class when the user click on a button defined there (like buy item) will it work or I will come out with the same 1079 error?

2) To be able to "sell" this item, it has to be defined as a digital good and added to the application with its own SKU, right?

3) In the tutorial, so we can test it, the connection is set to Local (paymentSystem.setConnectionMode(PaymentSystem.CONNECTION_MODE_LOCAL)Smiley Wink... how do I change it to be a real purchase?

Thanks a lot!!!

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: None

Re: A few questions about payment service

I think to make the purchase real, you just remove the line that sets the connection mode to LOCAL.

the digital good has to be set up in the application bundle and given its own SKU but i'm still trying to figure out how to upload and refernce the icon for each digital good.

Developer

I am lost...

Have you seen there´s a plus sign under the digital goods row, in the vendor portal... allright, if you click on it, you have a place to "add the name, description, SKU and price of your "premium item" ...

What I dont get is:

1) Do you have to add the names of these premium items there?

2) What about the xml list mentioned in the tutorial? ... If you do this list, where and or how do you upload it?

3) How do you get the info on who bought any of the premium items?

4) If you have to add the digital goods in the page and also in the applications (let´s say) ... do they automatically gets related because of their SKU?

Hahahaha... trying to figure everything out... I already sent my wife shopping so I can think

Highlighted
Developer

I just solved one of the questions from the first post:

paymentSystem.setConnectionMode(PaymentSystem.CONNECTION_MODE_LOCAL);   <<<< that´s for testing

paymentSystem.setConnectionMode(PaymentSystem.CONNECTION_MODE_NETWORK); <<<< that´s for real purchases