Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

AIR 3.5 Porting

I ran our current apps on 10.2 that has AIR 3.5 and everything looks fine.  Longs lists seem a little smoother in scrolling.  What advantages for currently developed apps in using the new SDK for 10.2?  Is there inherient improvements to all current apps that tie the SDK to the newer runtime?  Just need to know if I should be creating a new workspace with the new SDK to gain the best performance out of 10.2/AIR 3.5.

Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

Re: AIR 3.5 Porting

I am curious to know the performance improvemnets in AIR 3.5 on device. The app I created workd fine but laggs in scrolling and was wondering if 3.5 would help!

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

From my quick test (on a Dev C device), scrolling seems more fluid, but it is hard to compare side by side since a new OS had to be installed on the device. You would think it would be better out of the box since it is a more advance runtime, but I am not certain if the 10.2 SDK has better tie in to the runtime.
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

No the BlackBerry AIR SDK 3.2 does not have any more tie ins to the runtime. There may be very slight improvements to applications due to the newer runtime but for the most part it will be hard to notice any difference.

If you develop applications using Stage3D (Starling or Feathers frameworks) you should see a noticiable difference in performance vs displayList rendering. 

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/