Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Not Specified

AIR SDK 2.0 Beta Refresh

We have released an update to the AIR 2.0 Beta SDK. You can donwload the latest here - http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/adobe-downloads.jsp

Release notes and updated documentation are still being updated, and will post when that is available.

Also, you can register for a new version of the PlayBook Tablet OS Beta here - https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/native/beta/register/

Tablet OS 2.0.0.7111 has all of the spell checking features turn on. Applications from Beta 1 should have this functionality and no re-complie would be necessary.

Also, there is a new Air Native Extension bundled with the SDK called QNXNetwork.ane. This extension provides ways to determine if the device is connected to a specific network and allows you to listen to changes in network connectivitity. This will only work on Tablet OS 2.0.0.7111 and higher as this is a device deployed extension.

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: AIR SDK 2.0 Beta Refresh

Thanks for the information, I'll try it out later. Looking forward to the full release of 2.0!

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

Hello jdolce,

thank you for info. too.

You're doing a great job with this SDK, thx.

JC
Developer

This is probably a dumb newbie question ... well, might as well admit it: I'm working on my first app (ever), hoping to be ready for release around Feb/March  - so, is the 2.0 beta mainly for people who can't wait to play with the latest features / want a say in how they're shaping up / have spare time on their hands to help debug .... or would you actually recommend that people start using it, to be sure their apps will still run under OS 2.0 ?

I guess I'm a bit of a chicken, when it comes to making changes to my development environment (I'm so happy when everything works!), - so I wouldn't particularly want to switch everything just out of curiosity, when I'll need to do it again for the release version ...

Any tips or recommendations?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

apman, the beta is specifically and pretty much solely for developers to try out *for their own apps*, to make sure that nothing will break when the 2.0 release is out.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Not exactly. Calling it 2.0 a bit of misdirection. This is sdk for air 3.1 which is already on device in version 1.0.8.

So technically it is "1.0.8 beta". But "beta" means API can still change so if you really concerned you can wait for "Gold" release of sdk, which still be targeting 1.0.8 (and higher).

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I see now I misread apman's post, and thought he was piggy-backing on this thread just to ask about the OS 2.0 beta, not the SDK. Ignore me... Smiley Happy

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

Thank you both, Peter and Elena, that makes it a bit clearer -  I did actually assume that the 2.0 SDK beta goes hand in hand  with the OS 2.0 beta.. Sounds like I can wait with both.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: QED

I've tried to install the AIR SDK 2.0 Beta Refresh on my Mac Mini c/w Flash Builder 4.6.1... I completed all the required steps, including adding the Local Repository (and I see that the Features and Plugin packages were added to the Flash Builder installation).

However, now I no longer have BlackBerry Tablet OS (i.e., the PlayBook device) as a "Flex Build Packaging" in my Flash Builder project Properties dialog: all that's there now are "Apple iOS" and "Google Android".

Can anyone suggest how to remedy this show-stopper?

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: QED

Looking at the install log, there were problems. I think I will need to reinstall this and that.