Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

AIR SDK 2.6 + BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.4?

[ Edited ]

with the deadline quickly approaching and the fear that everything will fall apart for me during the signing process, i'm being cautious about updating to AIR SDK 2.6.

anyone care to take it for a spin and see if there are any conflicts with BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.4?

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: AIR SDK 2.6 + BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.4?

i recommend not updating to the newest Adobe AIR SDK only because support for it via the Tablet OS SDK is not official nor is there any mention of it. definitely stick to 2.5 and with the 0.9.4 SDK and submit your app. any extra features are not worth any possible incompatibility!

i recommend you sign a test app btw to get a feel for it before you do your actual application. that way if you have any problems better to know now than the day before. good luck on your submission darkin!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

seems like a solid upgrade, especially for IOS.  the new soft keyboard APIs would be nice for BBTOS.  i'm sure we'll get there sometime, assuming it doesn't work with AIR 2.6.

Everything New in Adobe AIR 2.6

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Developer
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

I was wondering about this myself. I'm planning on holding off until I've got my games running on an actual PlayBook Smiley Wink