Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

AIR app crash

When an AIR app crashes on the device, is there a way to get a dump or trace where the app crashed like you do when it crashes as an AIR app on a PC desktop?  On the PC, you get the exception window that when the app is in debug mode, give you detailed information where the app crashed.  I'm having no problem as an AIR app on the desktop but it illregularly crashes on the device.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: AIR app crash

I assume you know that you can debug the app whether it is on the desktop, in the simulator or on the device in exactly the same way?! If you run your app on the device in debug mode you can still see your trace statements,  place breakpoints, inspect variables, see call stack etc etc. The debugger should halt on any exceptions, allowing you to inspect the exception object.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: AIR app crash

Any stacktrace or error output that there might be, you'd find in the logs folder of the app's sandbox data area, as in /accounts/1000/shared/appid-goes-here/logs. That would be accessible only if you had installed it with a debug token rather than signing it. Not sure what would actually go there, as I've always run with my trace-output logger attached and see the tracebacks there.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!