Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: ?

AIR validation failed

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have just updated my PlayBook OS  & SDK's, I now have:

OS Version 1.0.6.2390

Flex SDK 4.5.1.21328

AIR 2.7 (which I merged with Flex SDK 4.5.1.21328 using the tutorial from here)

Black Berry Tablet SDK 1.1.0-2390-Mac-201106171136 (which I pointed to the above AIR 2.7)

I have created a new Debug Token and uploaded it to the device.

I am using Richard Lords ANT Scripts for PlayBook Development to help me get my apps on to the device and they have worked well for me in the past. and have updated all references to the SDK, checked author ID, device and computer IP's, etc. Everything appears to be in order.

How ever when I attempt to run the 'build.deploy.debug' ant script I get a BUILD FAILED and the following in the console:

Buildfile: /Users/<Home>/Sites/myProjects/PlayBookProject/ant/build.xml
debug-compile:
     [exec] Loading configuration file /Users/<Home>/Sites/_sdk/RIM/blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.0/frameworks/air-config.xml
     [exec] /Users/<Home>/Sites/myProjects/PlayBookProject/bin/PlayBookProject.swf (9477 bytes)
copy-config-with-token:
     [copy] Copying 1 file to /Users/<Home>/Sites/myProjects/PlayBookProject/bin
copy-config-no-token:
debug-package:
     [exec] /var/folders/6O/6OswIjiCHXuPV8o6Eh8ZPU+++TI/-Tmp-/bar-app6879021848083849837.xml: error 305: Intial window content SWF version 11 exceeds namespace version http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.5
     [exec] Error: AIR validation failed

BUILD FAILED

The IDE I am using is : FDT 4.4.0.22 

I am a puzzled by this as I would have pressumed that the SDK's are compatible.

Am I wrong, or what else should I check?

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: AIR validation failed

Hi there,

I am also using Richard Lords ANT build files and I had the same issue and posted a blog post on how I got it working:

http://blazeblog.tumblr.com/post/6801789418/using-fdt-4-5-with-new-blackberry-tablet-os-1-1-sdk

deploy.debug is working fine for me but my deploy.dev is just showing a blank screen after the splash screen. Does anyone have any solution to this?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, That was quick!

So essentially I had to edit http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.5 to http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.7 in the top of {app.filename}-app.xml.

Compilation seemed to go well, but I received another BUILD FAILED

Buildfile: /Users/<Home>/Sites/myProjects/PlayBookProject/ant/build.xml
debug-compile:
     [exec] Loading configuration file /Users/<Home>/Sites/_sdk/RIM/blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.0/frameworks/air-config.xml
     [exec] /Users/<Home>/Sites/myProjects/PlayBookProject/bin/PlayBookProject.swf (9478 bytes)
copy-config-with-token:
     [copy] Copying 1 file to /Users/<Home>/Sites/myProjects/PlayBookProject/bin
copy-config-no-token:
debug-package:
     [exec] Info: Package created: PlayBookProject-debug.bar
debug-deploy:
     [exec] Info: Sending request: Install and Launch
     [exec] Info: Action: Install and Launch
     [exec] Info: Debug air: on
     [exec] Info: File size: 26904
     [exec] Info: Installing PlayBookProject.testdWNoQ29tcG9uZW50cyAgICA...
     [exec] Info: Processing 26904 bytes
     [exec] actual_dname::
     [exec] actual_id::
     [exec] actual_version::
     [exec] result::failure 500 unexpected override

BUILD FAILED
/Users/<Home>/Sites/myProjects/PlayBookProject/ant/build.xml:102: exec returned: 2

As I mentioned this used to work fine before, any ideas?

Thanks

Contributor

Have you upgraded to FDT 4.5? You will need to do this first as it supports Flex 4.5. You can check my right clicking the project and selecting project type. The drop down list should contain AS3 AIR 4.5 options etc.

Does your SDK look like this in FDT?

bb_issue.jpg

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi redHouse71,

How shall I answer? Yes & No.

I do have the Tablet OS 1.1.0 installed which was merged with Flex 4.5.1 & AIR 2.7.

As I am still a 'newbie' developing for Playbook, I am still trying to find my feet and a way that I prefer to develop.

One example project I have DOES have the Tablet OS set as its SDK and for that I only have airglobal.swc & core.swc - the minimum required I presume.

However the project I am trying to export using ANT is assigned the Flex 4.1 with AIR 2.6 SDK.

But I am deploying the app via ANT - and in the config file for the ANT I have the location of the blackberry sdk to the location of blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.0 (I hope that makes sense)

In brief compiling via ANT is independent to compiling through FDT's Run Configurations.

Contributor

Hi George,

All the steps I took in my blog post allowed me to at least debug on device with the latest OS so unless I've missed anything I can't see why you would be having problems. One difference might be my project is pure AS3 with no Flex dependencies.

Even though I am compiling with ANT which points to the latest SDK I also had to make sure the correct SWC's were in the build path of the project. Could you try assigning the project to the Flex 4.5 AIR project type and adding all the SWC's manually which I used above?

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Hey George,

I tried to follow your exact steps and was able to compile and deploy the sample project that comes with Richard's ANT tasks.

Can you do me a favor. Zip up and send me the following.

1. Your SDK folder.

2. Your project. You can ommit the any source files. I just want to see it's set up and your -app.xml and your blackberry-tablet.xml file.

You can email it to jdolce@qnx.com.

Thanks

Julian

Contributor

Renaming the application id in the app xml file resolved the 500 unexpected override issue for

for example:
<id>com.blackberry.playbook</id>
to
<id>com.blackberry.playbookII</id>