Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

ANE testing

I must be getting old or something but I can't figure out how to test changes to even a simple ANE. I am using FB 4.6, NDK 2.0 and testing on the device.

I implemented the ANE as described in the basic ANE tutorial and it works great. Then I change the test string to "xxxxx Hello from the native code!" and compile and reexport the ANE. But no matter what I do, the app on the device displays the original string when the button is pressed. I have tried cleaning and rebuilding the three associated projects but nothing makes a difference. I hope someone can tell me where I am going wrong.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: ANE testing

Try removing the ANE from your main project and adding it again. I think simply clicking on the "Edit" button on the ANE linkage page is enough for FB to realize things have changed.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

Re: ANE testing

Thanks for this. Checking the ANE linkages solved the problem. I had corrected a spelling error in the base filename (ANE export dialog) and forgot to change the linkages in the AS3 project. DOH!