Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ability to Create a Calendar event from AIR app?

I am curious to know if AIR developers have the capability of adding a calendar event through their AIR app?
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Ability to Create a Calendar event from AIR app?

hey underlabs,

at the current moment there are no API's available that allow us to communicate with the playbook's calendar/contacts/etc. using the current set of API's we can only make standalone apps that do not interact with personal data on the playbook. hopefully in the next SDK update (when that will happen is not known) they will allow us to do so.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I see, so I'll have to create the alert through the app itself.

Thanks Smiley Happy
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Assuming the next SDK release does have an API for this, then you should be able to set and get contact and event information.  If you mean by "alert" that you will have to create a GUI to show this information to the user from your application, possibly yes.  Many applications that will use this information will probably be a subset of the information possible.  If you have additional information that pertains to a contact or event, either the API will accomodate this via meta information or you will have to persist this yourself.  But we have also seen the SDK provide some GUI infrastructure out of the box (eg account and password dialogs), so who knows. The SDK may provide customized and extensible controls for contacts and events that other applications can leverage -- providing faster development and consistent look to the end user.  All TBD.