11-21-2012 02:32 AM
I no longer see any documented support for Flash IDE and adding libraries to take adavantage of QNX.
It used to be, when PlayBook was coming out, that you would add a qnx-screen.swc.
I do not see that in the SDK anymore.
When I attempt to add any of the SWCs from the new SDK, it throws errors throughout my app.
Is there a New special way to add them?
Merged into code, external, RSL ?
As an example, I am tryng to add an in-app purchase feature and thought adding the blackberry.swc would include this, as it appears to contain the net.rim.blackberry.payment package.
It currently just breaks everything.
Advise, leads.. all welcome.
11-21-2012 08:40 PM
I have added the ANEs, set the qnx-air.swc to external and I get not a compile time constant - errors.
I posted about this in the definitive guide to air apps for playbook discussion.
12-12-2012 11:06 AM
I am having these same issues. I have tied the libraries into CS5.5 successfully for PB, and I am familar with ANEs ... but I cannot seem to get the right "set up" for the BB10 libraries in Flash Pro.
I assume the steps are:
1. include the relevant qnx.fuse swcs as part of the AS3 libraries. Are these the same as the ANEs?
2. create the swf using Flash
3. package using the command-line tool, including the ANEs
Any advice / help on the setup would be much appreciated.
12-12-2012 11:59 AM
The frustrating part is that my issue is with some components and not others. I am using Flash Pro CS5.5. I have the qnx fuse ui component Label working properly with the following:
1. qnxui.swc is linked in in my AS3 library path and set to external
2. as3 code can successfully:
3. as3 code can successfully use:
var myLabel:Label = new Label();
4. .swf is created using Flash CS5.5 Pro
5. blackberry-airpackager successfully packages the .swf, -app.xml, QNXSkins.ane succesfully and everything runs properly
So far so good on the above.
However, I am trying to get QNXStageWebView working, which is documented as being part of qnx.media
1. I set link paths to every .swc that is included with the developer toolkit.
2. Flash IDE successfully allows:
import qnx.media.QNXStageWebView; //for some reason QNXStageWebView is not part of qnxmedia.swc???
3. as3 code is:
4. cannot create .swf ..???
error message is: qnx.media:QNXStageWebView cannot be found
Any info or clues anyone can provide would be much appreciated.
12-13-2012 11:25 AM
I managed to get the proper linking / packaging of QNXStageWebView working using Flash Pro. In case anyone else wants to use Flash Pro, the following might help:
A. ensure that you are using AIR3.1 and nothing higher than that
- instructions to change your AIR version are here; these are for going to AIR3.2 but follow the same methods/instructions/order but instead use the AIR3.1 SDK
B. link qnx-air.swc; ensure that it is set to external linking
- you do this by clicking the wrench on the right beside the scripting plug, and then select the library path tab, and then finally click on the little 'f' to add a .sec
- once it is added, click the little triangle and set the linkage to external
C. your as3 code should look something like: