Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Telus

Ads for air sdk help

Hello,

I have been looking for a solution to my problem for a few days now with no success. I made my app using adobe air and the only way I could make admob ads work (that I knew of) with air is using the smartphone web ads, I put the ad on a web server and when I tested my app using the flashbuilder debugger the ads showed up perfectly but when I ran the app on the playbook emulator I got a blank white box where the ads should be. I directed to the website that the ads were hosted on with my android phone and the ads showed up but when I went to the website using the playbook browser I just got a blank white screen, so my guess is that the playbook web browser is too similar to a desktop browser since admob blocks all desktop browsers from viewing smartphone web ads. Is there any work around that I could use? or is there any other way anyone has found to use ads in air applications?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Ads for air sdk help

Hi,

You should be able to access external ads. Are you able to browse the web in the browser on the simulator? It sounds like it could be a connectivity issue.

If your able to connect to the internet and your confident that it's not a connectivity issue please post some code and I'll do my best to help.

Regards,

Dustin

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/