Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Any ETA for AIR 3.2 on ours loved Playbooks?

AIR 3.2 is available on Adobelabs since January 21,2012 http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/air3-2/ son that usually means it will released less than a month. Maybe someone from BB can tell us in advance when this is going to be ready for Playbook.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Any ETA for AIR 3.2 on ours loved Playbooks?

[ Edited ]

Is there anything in particular in 3.2 that you "need" that 3.1 does not have?  Personally, unless there is something that gives a competitive advantage or a major bug, I would rather have the engineers fix things like App World, provide more ANE, provide Notification API, etc.

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Stage3d for mobile is enought for you?
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Not Specified

Please see the following thread for the current status on Stage3D.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Stage3d-not-displaying-in-os2-0-F...

I would be great to keep the conversation to one thread, making it easier for us to collect any information.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

"Stage3d for mobile is enought for you?"
Not for me. I think someone is trying to get a petition going on that. So if that is important to you, you might want to join that (unless you are that person of course).
Developer

jtegen wrote:
"Stage3d for mobile is enought for you?"
Not for me. I think someone is trying to get a petition going on that. So if that is important to you, you might want to join that (unless you are that person of course).

Stage3D means GPU accelerated 2D content, in what world is that not important...

Scroll through appWorld sometime, that jittery, 20fps @ 100%cpu mess could be 60fps @ 30% cpu with a little work... (well actually gpu rendermode could handle this just fine. but anyways...)

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Shawn, a poorly written app will be slow no matter what the technology. Stage3D will not magically turn your app from 20fps to 60fps.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

3.1 has a number of rendering issues, which are all sorted out in 3.2. 

Contributor
My Device: playbook 16 gig
My Carrier: verizon

I disagree, 3.2 is buggy, for example changing stage.quality does nothing in 3.2

3.3 beta however is working nice. I hope RIM waits for that before they upgrade... if the upgrade