Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

Re: Any more sample code, besides "Hello World"?

[ Edited ]

I tried to import the project using FXP file (and tried it with the repackaged version).

But the a new Debug Configuration won't let me select the project and the device dropdown doesn't show Blackberry Playbook..

Help... What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot:

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3307/whatisthisj.png

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey,

read the post right before yours its the last post on the first page. i posted a version of it that will work with burrito. the original fxp file was intended for version 4.0.1 not burrito. download the attachment on the last page. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer

[ Edited ]

I imported your updated version using Import Flash Builder Project -> "Import from Folder".

Now I don't see any way to input the IP Address or other settings and, the target field is blank.

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/progress2.png/

Developer

right click on your project and go to properties. after that look for the section that's labeled ActionScript Build Package and expand it. below you should see BlackBerry Tablet as a target OS. afterwards check off hte box for "Enable this target platform". then hit ok and go and do ur debug configuration again and see what happens. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Developer

[ Edited ]

Kudoed, I already figured that one out and was just about to post Man Very Happy

Were can I find more samples?

Developer

there is nothing else officially created by RIM however since these are AIR based applications you can find a bunch of tutorials online. just search for "ActionScript tutorials" and you'll find loads of resrouces. also if you want playbook specific code, just search the forums. people have posted examples and explanations all over. If you are searching on the forums just search for "Sample Code" and a bunch of sample code will pop up. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hey JJab,

I've tried downloading your "burrito" compatible version and the program does not run.

Some of the functions are deprecated since 0.9.2 came out. 

Like webview.autosize, I commented it out, ran the program and this is the first error that come up for me

"VerifyError: Error #1014: Class qnx.media::QNXStageWebView could not be found." When I can import it and find it on the IDE. O.o If you can help me figure this out that'd be great i really want to see how your RSS reader works!

Thanks in Advance,

S

Developer

hey Swayt,

the FullRSSReader i posted wasn't mine - i took it from one of RIM's webcasts and did some small modfications to it to make it compatible. but that was back when the QNXStageWebView was in its early stages and untouched. since the new SDK last week the QNXStageWebView class has undergone a humongous overhaul and a lot of people's code including the FullRSSReader that you saw in the other post has broken and stopped functioning. their code and this needs to be changed to fit the new model of the class. im not too familiar with the FullRSSReader to just go in and change things. so i cant say i could do it and have ti ready for prime time unfortunately.

that being said everything else in there should be working fine without a prolem minus the QNXStageWebView ( i know its a huge part of it).

if i do get around to it though, i'll post an update to the code for you and anybody else curious. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you! Smiley Very Happy