Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Any one get access to Playbook Beta OS 1.0.6?

I just now did Check for Updates on the tablet, and 1.0.6.2364 is available. Downloading now...

Developer
My Device: Z30

Thanks for the invite - just received the update-mail and started the download  Smiley Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blog alopix.net
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Developer

Perhaps a bit out of place here, but I'll ask anyway: is the Beta Zone forum moderated such that new postings don't show up until approved? I used the Feedback form that is pre-populated with the v1.0.6 Preview forum topic, and filled it out with an issue I found with the DropDown list box. After hitting Submit, the reply said that it was accepted...and yet it seems to have vanished. It doesn't show up on a page refresh, or selecting any of the other possibilites in the 1.0.6 neighborhood.

Maybe I'll try posting all over again, or maybe it will show up eventually, or ..............

The blurb on the Feedback form says all submissions are reviewed by RIM, but the wording seems to be in the context of they are looking for the information submitted by us, as opposed to reviewing for approval.

Developer

Update on the Beta Zone forum: The introductory pages use the word Feedback repeatedly, as in they want our feedback and so on. So one of the first things you see below the list of topics already discused, is a Feedback form. So that's what I used.

Now I think that Feedback goes into a secret location, like you're communicating directly to them. It doesn't get posted as a topic for discussion. At least that's what I think. You have to go further down, and select New Topic from within the category. I did that, and the posting appeared.

Maybe it's just me, but the setup seems a little confusing when the word Feedback used a number of times, doesn't correspond to how you actually go about entering stuff. There's Feedback, and then there's Feedback. Oh well. Sorry for cluttering up this thread.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: T-Mobile

No joy for me either yet.

My vendor account, forum and beta zone are all registered to the same email.

Nothing in spam.

As one of the other posters said probably just takes some time.

Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

I'd also like to have an invite please. Nothing in my mailbox neither with the vendor mail nor with the forum mail address :/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Visitor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: A1

Can I get an invite please. Having air apps on appworld and in developement. Thanks.
Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

No invite here, checked spam folder.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Well, this is odd. I got my invitation a few days back and set up my PIN in my beta zone account. Today, I got an email saying it was ready for download, but my Playbook keeps insisting there are no updates available. I assume it will just take some time, but thought I'd mention it.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I still haven´t received the invitiation mail yet, i checked all mailboxes and spam folders, nothing =(

Could you maybe send it to blumenzuechter[at]gmx.de ?