02-16-2011 09:09 AM
Y, sorry I haven't been keeping up w/that other long thread and a thread on rejection reasons is actually more interesting from the standpoint of making sure your submission goes smoothly.
So they didn't like images - again if you're able to discuss, the reasons why they didn't like them might be of interest. It's been a while since I read the guidelines, but I recall that it's just the usual no porn, no hate speech, no copyright/trademark infringement. If there's a grey area we need to avoid that would be useful to know.
02-16-2011 09:21 AM
They were images of the Playbook, App World logo, BlackBerry logo, RIM HQ. They were images that the user can select from for the application. There were about 6 other "scenic" images that were OK. My guess is that they probbly felt that having those images in the application may indicate some kind of endorsement or it fell under the copyright (eventhough the copyright was maintained with each image). My put was that it would help promote the overall product and brand of the device. Not a big deal. I took them out and added more "scenic" images.
02-16-2011 10:36 PM
I've been meaning to point out, in case it's not as obvious as it seems, that anyone whose app uses unannounced sensors or features should not expect their app to be approved in advance of the official announcement of said sensor or feature.
I notice one of John's early, un-approved submissions is labelled "Compass" in his signature block... I presume that involves using the rumoured magnetometer, so it would be pretty surprising to me if they actually gave approval before we hear something about that through official channels.
02-17-2011 02:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, because I was uncertain whether I should email them or not, because I thought it might be a little pushy. But it HAS been since December 28th, and so many other people have had their app turnaround in about 2 weeks...and many less than a month.
but its coming up on 2 months now for me, and I'm getting a bit nervous. I also have a much more improved version of my app that I'd like to submit once the current gets its status.
...however I am also wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to submit my much newer and more feature-filled app and remove my early beta version??
02-17-2011 09:03 AM
02-17-2011 09:07 AM
It is your call to email them or not. Just be warned that it could be a week before you hear back.
I've uploaded newer versions of the app, but that does not remove earlier versions from the test queue. So you can either wait or upload new, the outcome will be the same. At this point since signing app process is available, get your app signed and then upload that version for testing and acceptance, regardless of the outcome of the original version.
02-17-2011 03:53 PM
02-17-2011 04:07 PM
You certainly aren't the only one, tensioncore. This weekend my first app reaches the 2 month mark as well.
02-17-2011 06:12 PM
On another Note, I've finished my signing process and submitted my RC1 version of my app today!
02-23-2011 01:18 AM
Today i got an email from BB with the following msg:
Hi, After reviewing your application we found the following: - application doesn’t appear to function, the words xxxxxxxx xxxx appear and that’s about it. Cheers,
This was my very first app that I submitted on Dec 11, 2010 . I am glad I didn't stop at that one...as it took them this long to get back to me on this. In this app I tried to package local html pages using QNXStageWebView. It worked perfectly on the Simulator, but apparently it doesnt display on the device.. I guess I'll use Webworks to repackage it and hope that works..