Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw

Re: Anyone get their PlayBook today? At least one developer did.

alexperri7 wrote:

So much for being optimistic haha. I don't get why people have to lie about these things. What did that guy benefit from writing to a website saying he got his PlayBook when he didn't? I just don't get it.

He got the satisfaction of knowing he really got my hopes up I guess.  Nothing else I can think of.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Just to clarify about the BlackBerry Style phones that were sent out, in the email asking for shipping info it said it would ship within 3 business days. In my confirmation email I got after filling out shipping info it said that I'll be notified when it's about to ship (same wording as in the PlayBook confirmation email).

I didn't get a notification email within 3 business days, so on the fourth business day I emailed them to ask about it and they replied with a FedEx tracking number. It turns out it had shipped the day before without any notification email.

I'm kind of expecting the same for the PlayBook shipments, but maybe these are more important so they'll take the time to actually send out notifications Smiley Wink .

--------------------------------------
PlayBook Apps: EveryDay Converter
Developer

When you ordered your style was it from the same site we order our PB from?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@witmen, going back in the thread where ChanneledDan report it, I can find a link to the original terms and conditions for that offer where you can see it's handled by tmgideas.com as well.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook

Yes, same website, same shipping info form and procedures.

Also, the link in the post above is actually a link to the terms and conditions of the BlackBerry Torch offer, yet another offer (that is still on right now for a few more days.....) the Style offer was different, but yes, same company handling the logistics of sending out the devices.

--------------------------------------
PlayBook Apps: EveryDay Converter
Developer

ChanneledDan wrote:

Yes, same website, same shipping info form and procedures.

Also, the link in the post above is actually a link to the terms and conditions of the BlackBerry Torch offer, yet another offer (that is still on right now for a few more days.....) the Style offer was different, but yes, same company handling the logistics of sending out the devices.

I see thanks!

So based on this it's completely possible that they wont email us when our PB ships.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Wouldn't that be a crazy surprise to come home to. Maybe we will have them for the weekend...

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: curve 8900

Re: Anyone get their PlayBook today?

Wait did he get it at work or just got a delivery notification?

If he received it at work, I would have taken an extended lunch break, heck I'd take it with me to washroom and stay in there for an hour just playing with it! (by it I mean the playbook obviously , I realize how dirty that might of sounded)

--
Bitbox
Developer

He got it at his house while he was at work.

The poster of the email belives it's legit.  If it is I'm sure we will get more information about it later today when the guy gets off work. 

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Where was this originally posted?

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda