Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw

Anyone get their PlayBook today?

[ Edited ]

I just got word that a developer has gotten his PlayBook today. 

Hopefully this is true and it means a lot of us will become very happy today or tomorrow.

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Anyone get their PlayBook today? At least one developer did.

Would be good news...

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Really?? Do you know this guy?  Do you know for sure that he was doing this offer - and if so - did he get an email containing shipping information?

Anthony
http://www.anthonyquarella.com
Accepted Apps: UpToDateTV
Developer

anthonyq wrote:

Really?? Do you know this guy?  Do you know for sure that he was doing this offer - and if so - did he get an email containing shipping information?

I'm hearing it from someone who heard it from someone else.  I do not know the developer.  But I will try to find out about if he got a confirmation email when it was sent.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: verizon

[ Edited ]

You know how reliable "I'm hearing it from someone who heard it from someone else." is. LOL

I hope it's true. I can't wait to get my PlayBook!

Developer

XoomMan wrote:

You know how reliable "I'm hearing it from someone who heard it from someone else." is. LOL

I hope it's true. I can't wait to get my PlayBook!

I know exactly.  I also heard from someone else that developers wouldn't be getting thier PlayBooks till after the launch.  But I'm hoping this newest rumour is true and not the other one.  I posted this in hopes someone here would reply and say "I sure did"

And I agree I really can't wait to get my PlayBook!  I have never been this excited about a peice of electronics.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

according to the crackberry thread the developer coudlnt play with it cuz he was at work?? What kind of person doesn't leave work early? i smell something foul in the air

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Exactly... even if I was at work I'd be all over it... or heck, take the day off to play with it!

Since we expect to start getting emails about the shipment before the shipment arrives, I call Shinanigans on all these "they're shipping" rumours!

Or as Tom Cruise might say: "Show me the email!"

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Developer

JRab wrote:

according to the crackberry thread the developer coudlnt play with it cuz he was at work?? What kind of person doesn't leave work early? i smell something foul in the air

Hey ya never know.  Not everyone gets the oppurtunity to leave work to play with a new toy.  I'm trying to have a little faith here. lol

Developer
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

Also, if we're finding out info, let's also find out what company delivered it. UPS, USPS, FedEx, Guy on a Bike?