Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Anyone get their PlayBook today?

It actuality might be worth a shot: last year when I preordered my Sony nex 5 camera, I called to see if there was anyway I could pick it up from the warehouse as the release date kept getting pushed back, an I was leaving for vacation in a week. Not only did I get it before launch, but the manager personally drove it out to a local store so I could pick it up.

NOW: please don't everyone go phoning their local tmg (touchstone) and slowing down the process for all of us! Lol
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Contributor
My Device: Play book
My Carrier: ALL

The actual release is on April 19. Will they going to ship it before that to the developer??????

Is it possible. Any idea or suggestion

Thanks

Joe

New Developer
My Device: Soon PlayBook
My Carrier: Turkcell

@jesusjoseph

Yep, we will *hopefully* get it before the CA/US launch.

Regards

-Mert

Contributor
My Device: Play book
My Carrier: ALL

Any body got any emails regarding shiping

Thanks

Joe

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I wish people would refrain from asking that continually.

I guarantee that if you watch even a few sources of information, you will not miss any interesting developments for more than an hour or two, once things start to happen, and a delay of that duration will not cost you anything.  In contrast, the repeated asking means that hundreds, possibly thousands, of us have to keep sifting through these requests (and in some cases foolishly answering them! Smiley Happy  ).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

To echo peter.  If you have the time to check your email every few minutes and post (yet again) about if any one received an email yet, why we did not get our PB first and how come we dont have a 1.0 SDK, then you have time to create another app.  Less typing -- more coding (yes I know you have to type to code).

Shop the Apple store and Android store for product ideas.  See something you like? Make it better on the PB.

Developer
My Device: Imaginary Playbook
My Carrier: NA

I can promise you, the second someone get's an e-mail with shipping info they will create a topic about it.

And that will be the day this board will be flooded with "OMGs" and "HELL YEAHs", and the server's bandwidth will cry and perish.

-----------------------------------------------------
My App: Bouncy Ball Clock (with my own physics engine)
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37792
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

BTW, there is an "ignore user" feature on this forum.  Perhaps over time some of us will earn a place on someone's ignore list.  Smiley Very Happy

Developer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw

So I called Touchstone. I asked about picking up the PlayBook instead of waiting for them to ship it to me. He then asked me a second time what it was called and I could hear him typing on his keyboard and after a pause he told me " we do not have any PlayBooks here and I've never heard anything about us shipping them".

I then made sure it was touchstone I was talking to and it was. I dunno.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

what in the heck? you can't be serious. do they have like a bunch of divisions or something?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman